It’s natural to forget a password when you have a lot of them to keep track of. And haven’t we all encountered this annoying circumstance at some point? So, if you’ve forgotten your Apple Watch password and are looking for dependable methods to reset the password without losing any data, our comprehensive guide has you covered. So without further ado, let’s get started on recovering your Apple Watch’s passcode!
Two Ways to Reset Apple Watch Passcode (August 2021)
You should first take note of a few crucial facts before doing the actions required. As always, you can quickly navigate between sections by using the table below.
How Does Resetting Apple Watch Passcode Work?
If you accidentally forget your Apple Watch password, don’t worry. The Apple Watch’s passcode can be reset in an official manner by Apple. As a result, you do not need to purchase any pricey third-party software to unlock your watchOS device’s passcode.
Remember that doing so requires you to delete all of the Apple Watch’s current data and settings. That means you will have to sync your Apple Watch with your iPhone and set up the wearable all over again after the reset is complete. You need not be concerned about incompatibility because this feature has been available from the introduction of watchOS.
Therefore, you may easily reset the password on your smartwatch regardless matter whether you have the outdated Apple Watch 1st generation or the brand-new Apple Watch 6.
How to Back Up Apple Watch Before Erasing Data?
Apple uses the linked iPhone to automatically backup the Apple Watch data to iCloud. Every time the iPhone and Apple Watch are close to one another, a backup is performed. As a result, you do not need to be concerned about manually backing up the data on your smartwatch. Additionally, it guarantees that your data has an additional degree of protection against unintentional loss.
You can restore your Apple Watch using the data that was saved up on your iPhone, or even set up a brand-new Apple Watch using the most recent backup. That implies that after you change the Apple Watch password, none of your data will be lost. It’s important to note that your Apple Watch data is included in the backup of your associated iPhone to your Mac or Windows PC. Therefore, the most recent data from your smartwatch is likewise restored when you set up a new iOS device and restore it from a backup.
Keep in mind that if you’ve set up an Apple Watch for a family member who doesn’t have an iPhone, the data from the Apple Watch is automatically saved up to iCloud, where you may purchase the new iCloud+ membership to obtain more storage and other benefits. Anyway, here is a list of everything that the Apple Watch backup contains:
- App layout on the Home screen
- App-specific data
- Clock face settings, including your current watch face, customizations, and order
- Dock settings
- General system settings including brightness, sound, and haptic settings
- Health and Fitness data including history, awards, Workout, and Activity calibration data
- Notification settings
- Playlists, albums, and mixes that you have synced to your Apple Watch
- Time Zone
- Siri Voice Feedback setting
Here is a list of what the Apple Watch backup does not contain:
- The passcode of your Apple Watch
- Bluetooth pairings
- Credit/ debit cards you use for Apple Pay on Apple Watch
Method 1: Reset Passcode Right from Apple Watch
Resetting the passcode from your Apple Watch is the simplest option. Just take the following actions to complete it:
Put your Apple Watch on its charger first. Yes, it’s necessary, and you shouldn’t take the watch out of the charger until you’ve finished the next step.
2. Next, hold down the Side button until the Power Off slider appears on the screen. Once you see the option to erase all content and settings on the screen, continue to hold down the Digital Crown. Select this by tapping. Photo Credit: Apple
3. To reset your Apple Watch and remove the forgotten password, press on Reset twice.
Method 2: Reset Apple Watch Password Using Watch App on iPhone
If you’ve forgotten your Apple Watch passcode, you may also delete it via the Watch app on your associated iPhone. Follow these steps one by one:
- To get started, open the Watch app on your paired iPhone.
2. Right now, make sure the My Watchtab is chosen (if it s not already). Next, select General.
3. After that, click Reset at the bottom of the page.
4. After that, select Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings. A pop-up will now inform you that all of the media and data will be lost. To confirm your action, tap onErase All Content and Settings.
Following the attached guide to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone once more once you’ve reset it. To finish pairing your Apple Watch and iPhone, open the Watch app on your iPhone and adhere to the on-screen directions. You will have the choice to create a new passcode along the way. You will need to clean your smartwatch again if you forget this one. Apple image courtesy of
Reset Your Apple Watch Password with Ease
You’re all set! So, that’s how you can reset your forgotten Apple Watch passcode without erasing any crucial information. It’s usually preferable to have reliable official solutions, particularly when handling a problem of this nature. Therefore, we should be grateful to Apple for providing several solutions to the forgotten Apple Watch password issue. By the way, do you have any comments or questions on this subject? Please let us know in the comments area below if you answered yes.