Your Apple ID is how you download new apps, regardless of whether you’re using an iPhone, Mac, iPad, or anything else. Additionally, you require a payment method on your Apple ID in order to purchase an app or pay for a subscription. Apple has since ceased accepting card payments as a result of the new RBI regulations regarding debit and credit cards. That implies that adding funds to your Apple wallet is the sole way to pay for apps and subscriptions. We can walk you through the process if you’re unsure about how to do it. How to add money to your Apple ID wallet is shown below.
Add Money to Apple ID Wallet on iPhone, iPad, and Mac (2022)
The majority of your Apple devices can be used to add money to your Apple ID wallet. Adding money to your Apple ID is quite easy, whether you’re using an iPhone, an iPad, or a Mac. You may find the steps for your device in the table of contents below. We will go over each step in turn.
Add Funds to Apple ID on iPhone and iPad
Here’s how to add money to your Apple ID wallet if you have an iPhone or iPad.
Although I’m showing you how to do the following on an iPhone, you can also do it on an iPad.
- Open the App Store and tap on your profile icon in the top-right. Now, tap on Add Money to Account .
- You can now choose the amount you want to add to your wallet. Either pick a preset amount, or tap on Other to add a custom value. For this example, I m going to add 100 to my wallet, by tapping on Other . Once you ve selected the amount (or entered the custom amount), tap on Next .
- Choose the payment method you want to use to add the money. Since cards are no longer accepted in India, I will use UPI to add funds. Double-click to confirm the payment.
- Tap on the UPI notification to open your UPI app and confirm the payment by entering your UPI pin.
- Go back to the App Store, and tap on Done . Now, in your account page, you will be able to see the updated amount as Credit . As you can see in the screenshot below, my account has been added with 100, and the total amount available in my Apple ID wallet is 1,014.
Your Apple ID now has money in it, which you can use to pay for subscriptions or purchase apps from the App Store. Additionally, in-app purchases can be made with this cash.
Add Money to Apple ID Wallet on Mac
You can do the same thing with equal ease if you use a Mac and wish to fund your Apple ID using your MacBook. Just adhere to the directions below.
- Launch the App Store on your Mac and click on your profile icon in the bottom left.
- Now, click on Account Settings . You may be asked to sign in again. In case you ve forgotten about it, you can reset your Apple ID password easily and then proceed.
- Here, click on Add Funds .
- You can now choose a preset amount, or add the amount of money you want to add to your Apple ID wallet. Click on Next and confirm the payment.
That’s all; the funds have been loaded to your Apple ID wallet and are now available for use.
Frequently Asked Questions about Apple ID Funds
- Unable to add funds in Apple ID?
Your payment method is probably being rejected if you are unable to add money to your Apple ID. You can verify that your credit card information was input correctly. If you’re using UPI, make sure you’ve entered the right PIN and that your UPI app has successfully processed the payment.
- Why has Apple stopped accepting credit and debit cards in India?
Apple has (at least temporarily) ceased accepting card payments for subscriptions and app purchases due to the new RBI rules for auto-debit payments, which mandate that banks notify users 24 hours in advance of the auto-debit payment, and due to many banks’ failure to follow the new standards.
- How can I pay for subscriptions on the App Store?
The ideal approach for consumers in India to pay for subscriptions, in-app purchases, and more through the App Store is to add money to their Apple ID wallet.
Use Apple ID Funds to Pay for Subscriptions and More
So that’s how it is simple to add money to your Apple ID using your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Using Apple ID money is the most convenient way to make sure that your app subscriptions and any in-app purchases you make go through without any problems since Apple has ceased accepting card payments in India. Do you currently use Apple ID wallet? What do you think of the updated RBI regulations? Tell us in the comments section below.