The bedrock bricks haven’t changed yet, whether it’s the brand-new Minecraft 1.18 update or the very first Minecraft build. At the base of our Minecraft worlds are the strongest in-game bricks. Even the entire roof of the Nether dimension is made of bedrock. With that, the issue of how to break Bedrock in versions of Minecraft after 1.18.1 arises. TNT and other in-game tools have no impact on it. Because of this, the community depends on bugs to function. So let’s get to it and learn how to destroy Bedrock in Minecraft 1.18.
Break Bedrock in Minecraft 1.18.1 (2022)
Bedrock is easily breakable while you are in the creative mode, just like any other block. Therefore, we will solely discuss survival-based gameplay. Along with the actual steps to fully comprehend it, you can also discover the rationale underlying it here. Both the Java and Bedrock editions of Minecraft may use this technique. However, gathering the necessary materials can take some time, so let’s get started.
How to Reach the Bedrock Layer in Minecraft
Digging straight down is the quickest way to get to the bedrock, whether you’re in the overworld or the Nether dimension. And it’s considerably simpler to get there because to the deepdripstone caverns in Minecraft 1.18. But Bedrock can be found in other places as well. Even the seemingly inaccessible roof of the Nether world can be crossed. This is how.
To enter the Nether dimension, first create a Nether portal in Minecraft. You can do that swiftly with the aid of our linked instructions. When accessing this dimension, be careful to bring 3 wooden ladders and an ender pearl with you.
2. Once you’ve reached the top level, start placing blocks below your spawn location. It can be found at block height Y=126. Make sure there isn’t a block in your path when you arrive because the bedrock layer is at Y=127.
3. After locating such a location, set up the ladders that lead up to the bedrock block. Just enough room should be available for you to stand there and use the ladder.
4. As you reach the top of the ladder, hold down the forward movement key. Then, toss your Ender pearl with a target of the Bedrock block in mind. You will be transported immediately over the Nether’s bedrock roof.
Preparations to Break Bedrock in Minecraft 1.18.1
This seems to be the only approach in Minecraft 1.18.1 as of December 2021. If your time is right, it works flawlessly on the Java edition of Minecraft 1.18.1, which we have personally tested. Let’s first take a look at the list of materials we’ll need for this procedure before moving on to the process itself. There are several methods to accomplish this, but our approach was motivated by the YouTuber Mysticat.
What Items Do I Need to Break Bedrock
In version 1.18 of Minecraft, you require the following materials to break bedrock:
- 1 Obsidian Block
- Any Other Block like Cobblestone
- 2 Pistons
- 1 Lever
- 1 Wooden Trapdoor
These products might be unfamiliar to you if you haven’t utilised Redstone-based recipes before. However, obtaining them is still rather simple. A diamond pickaxe can be used to mine obsidian blocks in any region where lava and water sources are converging. Even buckets filled with lava and water can be used to create obsidian blocks. Let’s briefly go over the crafting recipes for the others. Do set up a crafting table in advance to save time.
How to Obtain The Items Needed to Break Bedrock
1. To start, you’ll need a lever, which can be made with just one cobblestone block and a wooden stick.
These are both easy-to-get fundamental game components. The cobblestone block should then be placed in the second or third row of the crafting table after it has been opened. To create a lever in Minecraft, insert the wooden stick in the cell directly above it.
2. You simply need six wooden planks to construct a door. Use them to completely fill any two rows in the crafting area. Your trapdoor will be ready if the rows you select are adjacent. With this Minecraft recipe, two trapdoors will be created.
3. To make a piston, you’ll need 4 cobblestone blocks, 3 wooden planks, 1 iron ingot, and Redstone dust. Our Minecraft 1.18.1 ore distribution guide will make it simple for you to locate iron and redstone.
How to Use Piston to Break Bedrock in Minecraft 1.18.1
Setup for the Method
The iron ingot must be positioned in the centre of the crafting area, with the Redstone dust immediately beneath it. After that, arrange the wooden planks on the table’s top row. Finish by placing cobblestone blocks in the remaining cells along the sides of the central column. That’s all, then! In Minecraft, you have successfully created a piston.
Now that you have everything you need, all you have to do is go to the bedrock layer to start. Let’s examine how to do that now:
1. Place a piston on top of a Bedrock block of your choice. Verify that the piston is pointing straight up and not in any other manner. In order to position the piston with an upwards face, jump while doing so.
2. Next, set an obsidian block on either of its sides and a TNT block on top of the piston’s face.
3. After that, you should set any additional block on top of the obsidian block. For this tutorial, cobblestone will be used. After it has been set up, place a TNT block on top of it.
Exploit Piston s Obsidian Breaking Glitch
4. In the last step, mount the trap door on the upper half of the obsidian block. Place the block with the lever on top of the obsidian block after that. As can be seen in the screenshot below, our setup is now ready for use.
It’s time to break Bedrock in Minecraft 1.18.1 now that everything is set up. The lever will be used to simultaneously activate TNT and a piston. The piston must be replaced with another piston that can glitch out the obsidian block once the TNT has destroyed the first one. Let’s check how that functions:
1. You must complete these tasks as soon as you can. Therefore, prepare yourself by holding a piston in your hand. Then, while still standing close to the obsidian block, pull the lever.
2. The TNT blocks will go off when you pull the lever. You now have three seconds to take action. Standing near to the trapdoor, open it. Your character will assume a swimming stance as a result of this action (see screenshot below).
3. Aim for the top corner of the obsidian block while you are under the trapdoor. Then, while holding the piston in your hand, begin repeatedly pressing the secondary action key.
How Does this Method Work in Minecraft 1.18.1
4. If everything goes as planned, the piston will be positioned so that it faces upward. And it will disintegrate the bedrock slab beneath it. As many times as necessary, you can try again until you get it correctly.
The only technique used in this approach is piston glitching the bedrock away. Normally, when a piston is engaged, any block can be moved from its position. However, it is not active when the block we are attempting to move in Mine is a Bedrock block. Therefore, the sole goal of this approach is to ignite a piston positioned atop a Bedrock block. It functions entirely by chance of timing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to Place the Second Piston Quickly?
When our lever is pulled, two TNT blocks and the piston we previously installed are also activated. We set another piston facing down after the TNT kills the first one. We can better place the piston by facing upward and swimming. The game treats both pistons equally if replacement occurs quickly enough, at which point the new piston is activated and our Bedrock block is moved. As you can anticipate, this device can have a variety of Redstone-based modifications, but the fundamental idea would always be the same.
Piston was Placed, But Bedrock Didn t Break. How to Fix?
You can assign the default secondary key, which often performs a right-click, to another key on your keyboard if you find it difficult to swiftly press it. Therefore, you can press and hold that key at the appropriate moment to have the second piston placed automatically.
Are There Ways to Improve Chances of Breaking Bedrock with this Method?
The majority of players won’t have success with this strategy right away. It must be repeated numerous times until the timing is perfect. A second piston that is facing upwards is typically a sign that it was successful.
How to Avoid TNT Damage in Minecraft?
When the block beneath the bedrock is vacant, the glitched piston technique performs well. Therefore, I advise you to position the piston on top of the block with ladders if you try it on the Nether roof. It’s the same block that you entered in the article’s first section.
Does the Piston Method Work on Other Minecraft Versions?
Wearing enchanted armour can assist you avoid TNT damage if you’re trying this strategy in survival mode. However, you can also prevent death by making a Potion of Healing.
Easiest Way to Break Bedrock in Minecraft 1.18.1
Yes, you may use it on earlier versions of Minecraft in addition to 1.18. We also tested it on versions of Minecraft Java Edition 1.16, 1.17, and 1.18.1.
Now that you are aware of how to break bedrock in Minecraft 1.18, you may use it to reach the void or to construct structures on top of the Nether ceiling. You can replace the damaged Bedrock block with any other block, but you won’t be able to gather it. Players have developed a number of ways to breach Bedrock over time, but only one has endured all in-game patches. However, Forge may also be installed in Minecraft, giving you access to the best mods that can be used to destroy Bedrock in this sandbox game.