It’s not necessary to have a monotonous alarm sound every morning. You may select the ideal alarm sound to wake you up with renewed vigour thanks to a huge selection of predetermined sounds, vibration sounds, and an expanding Tone Store. You may set your favourite music from Apple Music as your alarm sound and even make your own vibration noises if you want to further personalise your alarm tone. So, if you’re ready, let me show you how to adjust and personalise iPhone alarm sounds to your heart’s content.
Customize and Change Alarm Sounds on iPhone (2022)
The more options you have when it comes to customising alarm sounds, the better. The stock clock software, which includes helpful widgets, doesn’t let you down in this area. I think the capacity to design unique vibration noises to be really fascinating. I never give up trying to make my own beats, even though I’m not very good at it, especially when the loud alarm sounds seem to be too much for my ears. In addition, I think the option to set any voice memo as an alarm sounds like it could be fascinating. All of these topics will be covered in this article; feel free to skip ahead to the part that most closely matches your needs using the table of contents below.
Change Alarm Sounds on iOS
On iOS, changing the alarm sound is quite easy.
1. On your iPhone, open the clock app, and then tap the alarm button at the bottom of the screen. Select the alarm you want to alter after that.
3. On theEdit Alarmscreen, tap theSoundoption. On the next screen, you should see a long list of alarm sounds. You can scroll through the collection andtap a specific soundto play it. If you are fond of vintage alarm sounds such as Duck, Bark, and Crickets, tapClassicand then choose the preferred option.
4. Once you have selected the desired alarm, hit theback (<) buttonat the top left corner of the screen and hitSaveto confirm the changes.
Set Your Alarm to Play a Song from Apple Music Library
Notably, you can also choose a song from the Apple Music library as your alarm sound. If you are fond of a certain track and love to listen to it over and over again, it would be cool to give this tip a crack.
1. On your iPhone, open theClock app -> alarm tabat the bottom of the screen-> specific alarm -> Sound.
2. Under theSongssection, tapPick a Songand then choose a downloaded song from your Apple Music library.
Change Alarm s Vibration Sound on iPhone
What s more, iOS comes with a decent collection of vibration sounds such as Heartbeat, S.O.S, Symphony, Accent, and more. Hence, you ve got the freedom to set a more pleasing alarm s vibration sound on your iOS device.
1. On your iPhone, launch theClock app -> alarm tabat the bottom of the screen ->the alarmyou want to edit-> Sound.
2. Now, tapVibrationat the top and then choose thedesired vibration sound.
3. Next, tap on theback (<) buttontwice and then hitSaveto finish.
- Clock app allows you to set an alarm to vibrate only or have a sound only.
- Moreover, you also have the option to customize your iPhone s alarm to vibrate and alert you through sound.
Create a Custom Vibration Sound for Alarm on iPhone
If you are fond of customization, there is a good chance you may want to create custom vibration sounds for alarms on your iOS device. If you think that it would be a rather tedious affair, let me tell you that it s quite straightforward.
1. On your iOS device, launch theClock app -> alarm tabat the bottom of the screen-> select the alarmyou want to edit-> Sound.
2. Now, tap onVibrationat the top and then hitCreate New Vibration.
3. Next,tap on the screen to create a vibration pattern. Yeah, you need to bring all your beat tuning skill to the fore to make a unique vibration pattern on your iPhone.
4. Once you created a custom vibration, tapPlayat the bottom left corner of the screen to listen to it. If you are happy with your creation, be sure to tap onSaveat the top right ->give a suitable name to your custom vibrationand hitSavein the popup to confirm. Your custom vibrations will appear under theCustomsection on the Vibration screen.
Add a Custom Alarm Sound on iPhone
Whether you aren t pleased with the predefined alarm sounds or wish to have custom sounds for enhanced personalization, the Clock app also allows you to download new tones. Apple Tone Store boasts a ton of high-quality tones that you can buy at a reasonable price.
1. On your iOS device, head over to theClock app -> alarm tabat the bottom of the screen-> choose the alarmthat you wish to edit-> Sound.
2. Now, tap onTone Storeto dive into Apple s massive library of tones.
3. Next,explore the Tone Storeandbuy/download the tonesthat are in line with your taste. Once that s done, set a preferred tone as your alarm sound.
Set Voice Memo As Your Alarm Sound on iPhone
If you want to further amp up the customization game, setting up a voice memo as your alarm sound would be quite interesting. Though it requires you to go through a bit tedious workaround up front, the end result is noteworthy.
So, what s the requirement for this hack? Well, it requires audio that you want to set as your alarm sound on iPhone and Apple GarageBand app (Free). The app supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch runningiOS 15or later.
1. To get going, openVoice Memoson your device ->record audioor navigate to an existing recording. After that, tap on thetiny circle with three dotsright next to the recording and chooseSave to Filesin the share sheet. Next, save the recording to the desired location in the Files app.
2. Now, open theGarageBand appandchoose a preferred instrument. Then, tap on theproject iconat the top left corner of the screen.
3. Next, select theloop iconat the top right corner of the screen.
4. Next up, tap theFiles tabandimport the recordingin the GarageBand app. Then,edit the audio and export it.
Now, your recording will appear under theRingtonessection, which you can use both as an iPhone ringtone or alarm sound. It s worth pointing out that we have created a separate guide abouthow to turn a voice memo into an iPhone ringtone. If you need a step-by-step guide, check that out.
If your voice memo isn t up to scratch, you can tryenhancing the Voice Memoas well before you set it as your alarm sound.
Change Alarm s Volume from Settings App on iPhone
You can adjust your alarm s volume from the Settings app on your iOS device.
1. To get going, launch theSettings appon your iPhone and chooseSounds & Haptics.
2. Under theRinger and Alertssection,drag the slider left or rightto adjust the volume of your alarm. As you drag the slider, your device will play an alert to let you hear how the volume changes.
Adjust Alarm Volume Using Volume Buttons on iPhone
You can also use the volume buttons of your device to adjust the alarm volume on your iPhone. Make surethe Change with Buttonstoggle is enabled inside the Sounds & Haptics setting.
1. Open theSettings appon your iPhone and selectSounds & Haptics.
2. Now, make sure the toggle next toChange with Buttonsis turned on. Going forward, you can use the volume up/down button to fine-tune the sound of your alarms.
Customize Alarm Sounds on iPhone to Your Liking
There you have it! So, that s how you can customize the alarm sound on iPhone to your heart s liking. Depending on your preference, you can set a nice song as the alarm sound, pick out a classic sound or go for a custom vibration. With so many customization options at your disposal, I hope your alarm will no longer be a dull one. Do you have any questions or feedback to share related to this guide? Make sure to put forward your thoughts via the comments section below and check out our extensive roundups ofbest iPhone shortcutsandhidden tips, if you want to unlock more such handy tips.