Although Chrome OS may appear to be less feature-rich and lightweight than Windows or macOS, you can tweak the majority of the OS’s components. The new Wallpaper app on your Chromebook allows you to enable dark mode. On the Chromebook desktop, you can add widgets and do a lot more. Here is a comprehensive tutorial on how to modify the Google background on a Chromebook. On your Chromebook, you can install a new screen saver background, change the desktop wallpaper, and download a new theme. So with that, let’s get started.
Customize Google Background on a Chromebook (2022)
We’ve included several methods in this tutorial for changing the Google background on your Chromebook. You can apply a fresh theme, modify the Chrome browser’s background, choose a new desktop wallpaper, or alter the screen saver. To proceed to the chosen section, simply expand the table below.
Change the Google Background on Chrome Browser
1. Start by clicking Customize Chrome in the bottom-right corner of the Chrome browser when it’s open on your Chromebook.
2. Select the wallpaper of your choosing from Google’s numerous selections under the Backgroundsection. There should be something here that appeals to you. If not, continue on to the next one.
3. The Chrome browser also allows you to select a unique backdrop. Simply select Upload from device under Background settings.
4. Next, select the backdrop image from the local storage on your Chromebook.
That’s it. You may modify the Google Chrome wallpaper on your Chromebook in the same way.
Change the Theme and Background on Chrome Browser
1. Open Settings in the Chrome browser if you wish to modify both the theme and the backdrop. To accomplish that, choose Settings by clicking on the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Click on Browser themes in the right pane under the Appearance section in the left sidebar.
3. It will launch the Chrome Web Store’s Themes page. Feel free to go through the many themes on your Chromebook.
3. Click the Add to Chrome browser button while your preferred theme is open.
5. After the theme of your choice has been applied, here is how it appears. It’s quite lovely, isn’t it?
Change Desktop Background on Your Chromebook
Right-click on the desktop and choose Set wallpaper & style to modify the desktop background on your Chromebook.
2. After that, select Wallpaper from the window that appears.
3. Various excellent wallpapers created by artists from various backgrounds can be found here.
4. After choosing a wallpaper you like, your Chromebook will be set to that image as the background. Click Change Daily at the top to turn on a new wallpaper for your Chromebook’s desktop each day.
5. In addition, you can change your Chromebook’s background straight from Google Photos and local storage. Yes, Chrome OS features themes and customization choices that are comparable to those of Windows and Mac.
Change the Screen Saver on Your Chromebook
1. It’s simple to configure a dynamic screen saver wallpaper on a Chromebook. Simply select “Set wallpaper & style” using the right mouse click on the desktop.
2. After that, click Screen Saver in the newly opened window.
3. Here, turn on the top toggle to activate the Chromebook’s dynamic screen saver feature.
4. Directly below, you may select the image source for the background of the screen saver. You can choose photos from your Google Photos library or specially chosen Google art. The end of that.
Change Background Wallpaper and Theme on Your Chromebook
The four methods listed above can be used to modify the background images on your Chromebook. You can use custom wallpapers to change the appearance of the Chrome browser, the Chromebook desktop, and the lock screen. That’s all we have to say, though. Visit the page in our linked resource if you wish to enable the new Chrome OS launcher on your Chromebook. Additionally, you can read our in-depth post to learn more about these Chrome OS tips and techniques. Also, let us know in the comments section below if you have any queries.