Do you favour seeing films in your native tongue? Alternatively, utilising an app in your preferred language is convenient. If so, Netflix has taken notice. Along with having a tonne of amazing stuff, Netflix is renowned for prioritising keeping its audience interested. As a result, if English isn’t your first language, you don’t need to worry because it supports 34 languages. In this article, we’ll go over the easiest methods for switching Netflix’s display, audio, and subtitle languages. We will also address a few additional pressing inquiries you may have. So without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Change Language on Netflix
Netflix’s instructions for changing the language are mostly only available online. The account setting contains the function. This means that you might be able to change the language if your device allows you to access it. But not all devices can access the Netflix account settings. We will go over every technique for devices that have a language setting.
How to Change Language on Netflix Using Browser
The display language and the content language are the two main language options in Netflix. The user interface language for your Netflix profile will change as a result of the display language. The default audio and subtitle language for programmes and movies will only be changed by the content language. By accessing Netflix through your browser, you may modify both options from the same location. Simply adhere to the instructions below:
- Sign in to Netflix (visit) from a web browser.
- Now, hover on your profile icon on the top-right corner and click Account.
- Here, click on Change in front of the Language option located at the bottom. If you have multiple profiles, just click on your preferred profile to unveil the option.
- Check the circle for your preferred Display Language. To change the Content Language, scroll below and select the preferred language under the Shows & Movies Language section.
- Lastly, click Save and continue using Netflix in the new language.
Every profile can have a separate language set. You may also select multiple languages for your content.
How to Change Language on Netflix Using Android Smartphone
You can watch your favourite episodes even on the road with the Netflix app for Android. Not all options, though, are accessible via the app. The Android app still provides access to the account settings and connects you to the browser page on your phone. Confusion could result from the modest differences in general appearance and procedure. In order to change Netflix’s language on your Android smartphone, apply the methods below.
- Firstly, log in to the Netflix app on your smartphone.
- Then tap on the profile icon on the top-right corner.
- Now, scroll down and select Account. It will open the account setting on your mobile browser.
- Here, tap on Change in front of the Language option located at the bottom. If you have multiple profiles, just tap on your preferred profile to unveil the option.
- Check the circle for your preferred Display Language and Show and Movie language.
- Lastly, click Save and continue using Netflix in the new language.
The language will change on the server-side if it is changed from one platform to another. As a result, regardless of the device you select to watch on, you will see the updated setting.
Note:Using the Smart TV app, Netflix does not let you modify the default language options. By switching the subtitle and audio languages, you can still watch a film or television programme in your native tongue for a while.
How to Change Netflix Language on Apple TV
On the Apple TV, changing the primary languages for your profile is not available. As a result, you must use a web browser to change that setting. Here’s how to adjust the audio and subtitle languages so that you may continue to enjoy your favourite programme.
Apple TV 2/ Apple TV 3
The procedures following should be followed if your Apple TV is older:
- Press and hold the center button on your Siri Remote (Apple TV remote).
- Choose your preferred language from the Audio and Subtitle menu that pops up.
Apple TV HD/ Apple TV 4K
- Swipe down on the Apple TV remote.
- Choose your preferred language from the Audio and Subtitle menu that shows up.
How to Change Netflix Language on Roku
On streaming devices like Roku, you cannot change the language of the display or the content, but you can simply change the language of the audio and subtitles for certain programmes.
To achieve this, open the subtitle menu on your Roku TV by pressing the Up or Down button, then choose the desired language. For other streaming devices or smart TVs, the procedure is the same.
How to Change Netflix Language in iPhone
You cannot alter your Netflix account settings from your iPhone, just like you cannot do so with other devices. To access these settings, you must log in to Netflix using your phone’s web browser. Then, proceed as was stated in the section on web browsers. It’s simple to switch the audio and subtitle languages while you’re watching, as explained below.
How to Change Netflix Audio and Subtitle Language on iPhone
For practically every episode and movie it hosts, Netflix provides numerous languages for both the audio and the subtitles. You can watch the programme in a different language with the proper subtitles. There are some limitations because not every content is available in every language. Let’s now look at how to change the audio and subtitle languages on Netflix while keeping that in mind.
- Firstly, open the show you want to watch.
- Now, pause and click on the caption icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Here, select the preferred audio and subtitle language.
- Hit Apply, and you are good to go.
If your preferred language wasn’t included in the audio and subtitle section, be sure to use the technique described above to check the language in the main settings.
FAQs Related to Changing Netflix Language
How do I change the Netflix language on Smart TV?
Not all Smart TVs allow you to switch the language of Netflix in the app. As a result, I advise utilising a browser on your PC or smartphone to log in and alter the settings.
Does changing language also change the default subtitle language?
Yes, let’s say you alter the account settings to change the primary language. Netflix will then choose to always display the same language subtitle when you watch a programme. However, by launching the Audio and Subtitle window, you can instantly return to English.
How do I turn off Netflix dubbing?
Once a show or movie has begun, you can instantly return to its default language from the Audio and Subtitle menu. The setting can be found towards the screen’s bottom.
How do you search for audio language on Netflix?
You can filter content by audio language by going to Netflix.com/browse/audio. Not all shows, nevertheless, are displayed on the list.
Changing Netflix Language
Multiple language support for Netflix’s series is continuously added. Currently, it supports 34 languages, and I hope that number will keep rising. Even while the feature isn’t available across all platforms, it’s still rather helpful that switching between languages on Netflix is simple. Which language do you find most enjoyable for Netflix viewing? Do you have any reservations or inquiries regarding the Netflix language change? Please tell us in the comments.