Windows 11 by default displays a 12-hour clock on the lock screen. Although most people find it convenient, some people prefer to utilise the 24-hour clock. You’ve come to the right place if you’re one of them and want to use your military time. This article explains how to modify the format of the lock screen clock in Windows 11.
Change Lock Screen Clock Format in Windows 11 (2022)
Change Lock Screen Clock Format from Settings App
1. Use the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut Win+I to launch the Settings app, then select the Time & language option from the left sidebar.
2. After that, select Language & region to access time format preferences.
3. To change the time format, expand Regional format under Region settings and click on Change formats.
4. Select the option with AM to utilise the 12-hour format by clicking on the selection list next to Long time. You can also utilise the 24-hour lock screen format if you don’t want AM.
5. Restart your computer to see the lock screen’s new 24-hour clock display. Below are screenshots of the Windows 11 lock screen clocks showing 12-hour and 24-hour time:
Change Lock Screen Clock Format from Control Panel
1. Click Windows and enter “Control Panel.” To access Control Panel, click Open in the list of results.
2. To change the date format on your Windows 11 PC’s lock screen, select Change date, time, or number formats under Clock and Region settings.
2. If you want a 24-hour clock, select H:mm:ss or HH:mm:ss from the dropdown box next to Long time. On the other side, if you want to utilise a 12-hour clock, you should use h:mm:ss tt or hh:mm:ss tt.
3. Once you’ve chosen your desired format, click Apply to save your changes. After completing that, restart your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
In Windows 11, can I move the lock screen clock’s position?
No, Windows 11 doesn’t let you move the position of the lock screen clock. The lock screen’s central clock will remain there.
How do I get rid of the time on Windows 11’s lock screen?
Time cannot be turned off from the Windows 11 lock screen.
How can I change the font for the lock screen clock in Windows 11?
In Windows 11, you can’t manually alter the font of the lock screen clock. Instead, you will need to modify the system typeface.
Set 24-Hour Clock on Windows 11 Lock Screen
If you are used to a particular time format, changing the clock format will help you understand the time on your PC. Check out our article on the best Windows 11 settings to tweak in the interim if you’re willing to fiddle with your computer to get the most out of it.