Perhaps no one is using the mobile number associated with your current Apple ID. Or perhaps you wish to use a different phone number for which you just put a SIM card into your brand-new iPhone. Let me inform you that there are several ways to change your Apple ID phone number, whatever the cause may be. And without any media or data being lost.
5 Ways to Change Apple ID Phone Number (2021)
Right from your iPhone or iPad, you may change the cellphone number associated with your Apple ID. You can alter the phone number linked to your Apple ID using a computer if you don’t have access to your device. No matter which of the five options you select, your data is safe. So, you should put this myth to rest if you are concerned about losing any crucial data throughout the procedure. After then, it’s time to look at the steps!
Change Trusted Phone Number for Your Apple ID on iPhone
Apple automatically adds the phone number you use with your iPhone to its list of trusted phone numbers when you enable two-factor authentication for your iCloud account for the first time. Your identity is verified using this phone number, giving another level of security to your Apple ID. A 2FA prompt appears on the trusted device whenever you (or anyone else, for that matter) login in to your account on a new device for added sign-in security.
Now, you can quickly change the trusted phone number associated with your Apple ID whenever you wish. The steps are as follows:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone, then select Password & Security after tapping the Apple ID banner at the top.
2. Next, click Edit, which is just adjacent to the trusted phone number selection.
3. Next, press the Delete button after tapping the red minus sign to the left of the number.
4. After that, click Add a dependable phone number.
5. Next, you must input your device passcode to continue. Choose your country code after that and enter the new trustworthy phone number.
6. Lastly, depending on how convenient it is for you, confirm your phone number via text message or phone call. Then, your Apple ID will be updated with your trusted phone number.
Change Trusted Phone Number from Apple ID Account Page
From the Apple ID account page in a web browser, you can also update your trusted phone number. To find out how it operates, adhere to the procedures below:
1. Launch your preferred web browser and go to the Apple ID account page. Sign in to your Apple account after that.
2. Next, select Account Security.
3. After that, on the pop-up window, click the Add button next to the trusted phone number selection.
4. Next, choose the country code, enter your phone number, and confirm it with a call or text.
The end of that. A new reliable phone number has been successfully linked to your Apple ID. By clicking the minus sign next to the current phone number, you can now decide to remove it.
Change Apple ID Phone Number for FaceTime and iMessage
1. Prior to changing the phone number, be sure to sign out of all Apple services and devices that are connected to your Apple ID.
2. Next, hit the Apple ID banner in the top-left corner of the Settings app on your iPhone.
3. After that, choose the choice for Name, Phone Numbers, and Email.
4. Then, select Edit from the menu options by the Contactable At/ Reachable Atsection header.
5. Then, on your iPhone or iPad, push the “minus” sign and select “Delete” to remove the phone number currently being used for FaceTime and iMessage.
6. Press Continue after that and key in the new phone number. A verification code will then be sent to this phone. Into the pop-up screen, enter the verification code. It’s important to note that you won’t need to authenticate your new phone number if it is currently being used as an aniMessagephone number, a shared phone number, or a trusted phone number.
You can sign into all services after the verification process is finished using your new Apple ID.
Change Apple ID from Email to Phone Number on the Account Page
As previously mentioned, you can also modify your Apple ID’s cell phone number using the iCloud website.
1. Before you begin, make sure you sign out of all Apple products and services that are linked to your Apple ID. Visit appleleid.apple.com on your preferred browser after that. Sign in to your Apple account after that.
2. Next, make sure the left sidebar’s Sign-in and Security option is chosen. Next, select Apple ID from the right pane by clicking.
3. Type the cellphone number you want to use as your Apple ID in the “Change your Apple ID” area. Next, use the verification code you can get by text or call to confirm the phone number.
5. Use your new Apple ID phone number instead of the email address to sign back into all of your Apple products and services after the verification process is finished.
Change Apple ID Phone Number without Verification Code
Many of you are probably asking what will happen if I don’t receive the verification code or if my reliable device isn’t with me at the moment. Do not worry; even without the verification code, you can still alter your Apple ID phone number. The steps are as follows:
1. Launch your computer’s browser and navigate to apple.com/appleid.
2. Next, sign in as usual by entering your Apple ID and password.
3. Then, from the pop-up question, select More options after clicking the Did not obtain a verification code? option.
4. A redirect to iforgot.apple.com will now appear. The next step is to alter the phone number linked to your Apple ID by following the directions on the page.
Keep in mind that you might not need to submit a verification code if your iPhone is running iOS 11.3 or later. While the two-factor authentication is still active, Apple may occasionally automatically verify your trusted phone number in the background.
Methods to Change Apple ID Phone Number Securely
To update the phone number associated with your Apple ID, that’s about all you have to do. It’s advantageous to have the freedom to make the necessary adjustments for your Apple account in order to keep it current and secure. Additionally, the addition of Digital Legacy and iCloud account recovery has improved the security of iCloud accounts and the data they contain. Share your opinions and criticism about these new features in the comments section below.