For a completely customised web browsing experience, cookies are essential. For example, if you visit Amazon and accept cookies, you will see more pertinent discounts that will not only make it simple for you to grab the right deals but also save you a tonne of time. Not to mention, they will improve the ease with which you can access your preferences and sign in to the website. On the other hand, cookies might compromise your privacy, making it possible for anyone to see what you are doing. A significant accumulation of cookies can also take up valuable storage space and slow down your device. So, here is how to properly remove cookies on iPhone and iPad, whether you need to protect your privacy or free up space.
Clear Cookies on iPhone and iPad (2022)
What are Cookies and How They Work?
Cookies are data files created to store your surfing history. Cookies are stored on your device when you visit a website so that it can store your login information, remember your preferences, and offer content that is appropriate for your location. That explains why a website that you have accepted cookies from displays more tailored content.
Despite their relatively modest size, cookies take up space on your device. If you don’t periodically erase them, they could not only take up valuable storage but also slow down your device, which could lead to a variety of problems, including as overheating iPhones and frequent battery loss.
All the saved data, including your website preferences, settings, and account passwords, are erased when you delete cookies from your device. If you share your device with others and don’t want them to see your browsing history, deleting cookies may be helpful.
Remember that signing out of virtually every website where you have an account will occur if you erase the cookies on your iPhone. Ensure that you can remember each of your passwords, or even better, use a reliable password manager.
Clear Safari Cookies on iPhone and iPad
Safari provides a rather simple method for managing and erasing saved cookies. You can delete individual cookies from the Safari browser or all of them simultaneously, depending on your requirements.
1. To access Safari settings on your iPhone or iPad, first navigate to Settings -> Safari.
2. Select Advanced at the bottom of the page. Then select Website Data.
Delete All Safari Cookies at Once
Simply tap Remove All Website Data and then touch Remove Now in the window that appears at the bottom to use a single tap to clear the history for Safari cookies.
Delete Specific Safari Cookies
To access all cookies in Safari and delete specific ones, select Show All Sites. In the top right corner of the screen, select Edit.
Clear Safari History and Cookies at Once on iPhone and iPad
Notably, iOS also enables you to delete all cookies and history from Safari at once. So, if you want to erase all traces of your surfing, this should be your go-to technique.
1. Open the Settings app on your device and select Safari from the list of options.
2. Next, select Clear History and Website Data by scrolling down. A pop-up will appear at the bottom requesting your confirmation of the activity. To finish, click Clear History and Data.
Delete and Block Cookies in Safari on iPhone and iPad
You may easily block cookies in the browser using Safari’s effective cookie blocker. Yes, if all you need to do is avoid cookies, you don’t need to install a third-party Safari extension. Additionally, the iPhone has had this feature for a long time. You can use this privacy-focused feature whether you are running iOS 15 or iOS 14/13.
1. Open the Settings app on your device and choose Safari from the list of options.
2. Select Block All Cookies under the Privacy & Securitysection. Finally, tapBlock All to confirm that you wish to delete all of your current cookies and website data as well as permanently disable cookies in Safari.
Clear Cookies in Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad
On an iPhone, deleting cookies in Chrome is also simple.
Launch Chrome on your iOS or iPad, then select History from the menu that appears in the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Select Cookies, Site Data after tapping Clear Browsing Data.
3. Next, select Clear Browsing Data and then select Clear Browsing Data again to confirm.
Clear Cookies in Mozilla Firefox on iPhone and iPad
Firefox offers the same ability to selectively delete cookies or to delete them all at once as does Safari.
1. Open Firefox on your iPad or iPhone and tap the menu button in the bottom right corner of the screen. On the iPad, the menu button may be found in the screen’s upper right corner. Next, select Settings from the menu.
2. Tap Data Management under the Privacy section, then select Web Site Data.
4. Click Clear All Web Site Data to remove all cookies from your computer. Select the cookies you want to remove and click “Clear Item/s.”
Quick Ways to Delete Cookies on iOS and iPadOS
That’s essentially finished! These are the effective methods for deleting cookies from your iPhone and iPad. Cookies are intended to improve your web browsing experience, as I mentioned before. Therefore, you should proceed with the cleansing while considering its drawbacks. However, sometimes outdated cookies can also interfere with browsing. Check out this thorough page if you’re looking for instructions on how to free up space on your device. Visit this compilation of the hidden iPhone tips and techniques if you want to get more practical advice for increasing productivity. By the way, let us know what you think of this advice and if you know of any more efficient ways to delete cookies on iOS.