Contrary to common belief, AirPods can be used with Windows 11 and without any restrictions, much like other AirPod alternatives. In fact, Microsoft is making special efforts to include AirPods wideband speech functionality in Windows 11. Just so you know, Windows 11 does not natively support all of the AirPods’ functions and controls, but you can still use them to make video chats, watch movies, listen to music, and play games without experiencing any lag. Without further ado, let’s start learning how to pair AirPods with Windows 11.
Connect AirPods to Windows 11 (2022)
1. To start, access the Action Center, or Quick Settings as it is currently known, by pressing the Windows + At keyboard shortcut in Windows 11. By clicking on it, Bluetooth can be turned on in Windows 11. Right-click it now and select Settings from the menu.
2. Click Add device to pair AirPods with Windows 11 from this page.
3. After that, select Bluetooth.
4. Next, open the Apple AirPods’ lid while continuing to push and hold the button on the case. The light will go white and begin blinking. You can now let go of the button. It indicates that Windows 11 can now find your AirPods. Please take note that during the pairing procedure, both AirPods must be within the case.
5. Return to your Windows 11 computer, and your AirPods will be visible. All you have to do is click it. Your AirPods will immediately be linked to Windows 11 in this manner. If it doesn’t appear at the top, scroll down.
6. The audio will now be forwarded to your AirPods when you start playing games, participating in video conversations, or starting music. With AirPods and Windows 11, which now supports Apple’s wideband speech (Build 22526 or later, Dev channel), you will experience better voice quality.
7. Reopen the Action Center and click on the arrow symbol next to the volume slider if the audio is not coming from the AirPods.
8. Select your AirPods here, and the audio will immediately be routed.
9. If Windows 11’s Quick Settings contain the new Bluetooth menu, you can manage your AirPods directly from the Action Center. On Windows 11, there’s no need to access the Settings page.
Pair AirPods to Windows 11 and Enjoy Music and Games
So that’s how you can use Windows 11 and Apple’s AirPods to enjoy latency-free music and games. Even though Windows 11 does not support all of the AirPods controls, ANC can still be turned on by pushing and holding the stem. This will activate or deactivate the ANC. That’s all we have to say, though. Follow our linked guide if you wish to view Apple ProRAW or ProRes media files on your Windows 11 computer. Additionally, we have a helpful instruction for you on how to open HEIF, HEIC, or HEVC files on Windows 11. Finally, let us know in the comments section below if you have any queries.