You can easily control your Android TV from a Windows Computer by using a few handy programmes. Instead, if you use iOS, you can use an AirPlay-compatible app to cast your iPhone to an Android TV. Nevertheless, you need to look for anything more than casting if you want to fully handle YouTube on Android TV, including commenting, liking videos, quicker search, navigation, and more. Google has, however, introduced a new Connect function that eliminates local casting. In essence, you can use your iPhone or Android phone to control YouTube on an Android TV without worrying about being on the same Wi-Fi network. Also, we provide you with a tutorial on how to use YouTube’s new Connect function in this post.
Control YouTube on Android TV Using iPhone or Android Phone (2022)
Below, we’ve listed the requirements for using your iPhone or Android phone to manage YouTube on an Android TV. After that, we included the instructions for using the YouTube mobile app’s Connect feature to control the Android TV app. Enlarge the table below to see all of its sections.
Requirements to Control YouTube on Android TV Using iPhone or Android
1. Your Google account must be the same on Android TV and your smartphone, whether it runs Android, iOS, or iPadOS.
2. YouTube should be available on the most recent versions of your Android TV and smartphone. Update the YouTube app to the most recent version to prevent any mischief, even though Google hasn’t specified a specific version for the Connect feature to function.
3. The casting feature you often use on other applications is not the Connect feature. The background process is syncing your YouTube account. To use the Connect feature, none of your devices must be connected to the local Wi-Fi network. You can operate YouTube on Android TV from your smartphone even if you’re using mobile data and your TV is connected via Wi-Fi.
Control YouTube on Android TV Using the Connect Feature
1. First, make sure that both your Android TV and smartphone have the most recent version of the YouTube TV app installed (Android or iOS). Update all the apps, including YouTube, in the Play Store.
2. After that, keep the YouTube app open on your Android TV.
3. Next, launch the YouTube app on your iPhone or Android device. Viewing YouTube on TV? will appear in a small pop-up window at the bottom. AConnectbutton will appear immediately below. Touch it.
4. The Android TV will be immediately connected to your iPhone or Android device. On YouTube, if anything is currently playing, the progress is also displayed. Keep in mind that you are connecting to YouTube on Android TV, not casting, using your YouTube account. Hence, you are not required to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
5. You may now use your smartphone to search for YouTube videos, fast-forward the video, remark, add more videos to the queue, read comments, and do a lot more. Effectively, you can manage every aspect of YouTube on Android TV using an iPhone or an Android phone.
The coolest feature is that voice search is available, and you can use your Android or iPhone phone as a remote control for YouTube on your Android TV. If you want to disconnect YouTube from your Android TV on your smartphone, all you have to do is press the Cast button up top and select Disconnect. The end of that.
Control YouTube on Android TV From Your Smartphone with TV Code
You can use a TV Code to connect your Android TV and iPhone/Android phone if, for some reason, the Connect pop-up is not showing up on your smartphone. You don’t need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for this capability either. The best part is that neither device requires that you use the same Google account. Using a different Google account on your smartphone, you can also operate YouTube on an Android TV. It’s fantastic, isn’t it? This is the procedure.
1. Launch the YouTube app on your Android TV and your smartphone. If you don’t see a pop-up on your iPhone or Android device, select Connect with TV code by tapping on the Cast icon in the top right.
2. Go to the YouTube Settings page on your Android TV by selecting it from the bottom-left corner of the screen. Open the Link with TV code menu at this point, and then write down the 12-digit code.
3. Return to your smartphone and type in the code you copied from the YouTube app earlier. Once that’s done, click Link.
4. There you have it, folks! Your smartphone will be automatically connected to YouTube on Android TV. Now, there are no restrictions on how you can operate YouTube on an Android TV from your smartphone.
5. Tap the Casicon on the YouTube app and select Disconnect to disconnect.
6. You can also access Settings -> Connected devices in the YouTube app on Android TV. To immediately delete all of the devices, click Unlink all devices here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I use YouTube’s Connect feature?
Simply launch the YouTube app on your iOS or Android smartphone and TV. On your smartphone, a pop-up window will appear that asks, “Watching YouTube on TV?”. You can use the Connect function on YouTube by tapping Connect. Verify that your Android TV, smartphone, and other devices are all logged in using the same Google account.
How to Use Cast-Free YouTube Control on Android TV?
Use Google’s Connect tool, which was just introduced. To operate YouTube on the bigger screen, you don’t even need to be connected to the local Wi-Fi network. Follow our guide for additional information.
How do I use my iPhone to control YouTube on my TV?
Check to see if your Android TV and iPhone are both signed into YouTube with the same Google account. Open the YouTube app on both your iPhone and the TV at this point. A Connect prompt will appear at the bottom. You can now use your iPhone or iPad to control YouTube on TV by tapping on it.
Does the Connect feature on my Android TV running YouTube require my smartphone to be on the same Wi-Fi network?
No, that’s what separates the Connect function from standard casting. Instead of some local devices, your YouTube account is syncing in this case. You can manage YouTube on Android TV while using a mobile device.
Remotely Control YouTube on Android TV From Your iPhone or Android Phone
Thus, here is how you may use the Connect feature on your Android or iOS smartphone to control YouTube on Android TV. I really appreciate the feature, however the continual pop-ups anytime I access YouTube can be a pain. I don’t always want to view YouTube on a larger screen. Google ought to have provided a choice to turn off the pop-up on YouTube’s settings page. That’s all we have to say, though. Follow our linked guide if you wish to transfer files from your Android TV to your computer or smartphone. Visit our curated list to find the top Android TV apps. Finally, let us know in the comments section below if you have any queries.