Without a question, WhatsApp is the most widely used instant messaging service. It includes voice calls, video calls, and text chat as some of the several ways to interact with your loved ones. Voice messages are another simple means of communicating. Despite being a relatively handy function, it can occasionally be challenging to pay attention to an audio message. Without earbuds, you might be in a conference or a public area, and you just can’t take the chance of playing the voice message out. Don’t you wish there was a way to change it into plain text as needed? We have exactly what you were hoping for, so there. So keep reading as we share our advice for how to text convert WhatsApp voice messages on Android:
Convert WhatsApp Voice Messages to Text on Android
Note: I tested the next technique on my Moto G4 Plus running Android 7.0, and it worked flawlessly.
- To start off, download and install the APK for Transcriber for WhatsApp from here on your device.
- Open up the app and swipe away the various welcome cards. Tap on Done in the bottom-right corner to continue.
- Now that Transcriber is set up, open up the WhatsApp chat where you have the voice message that you want to convert. Tap and hold on the voice message to select it. Then, tap on the share icon in the top bar. From the list of options that appear, select Transcriber .
- And that s it. The app will now automatically convert the audio from the voice note to text and display it on the screen.
Note: Only the following languages are supported as of this writing. German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French, English, and Russian. More languages will soon be supported.
Convert WhatsApp Voice Messages to Text on iOS
Note: The method below was successfully tested on my iPhone 6S running iOS 11 Beta.
- Now, open up the Audio to Text for WhatsApp app, and grant it the permission to access speech recognition.
- Now that you ve granted it the required permissions, head over to your WhatsApp chat. Tap and hold on the voice note you wish to convert and select Forward . Once you ve done that, tap on the Share icon in the bottom right.
- Finally, in the list of options that pop up, select Audio to Text . And that s it. The app will now automatically convert the voice note to text.
Check Out These 15 Cool WhatsApp Tricks!
Read your WhatsApp Voice Notes Easily on Android or iPhone
When you don’t feel like typing or you’re just fed up with your device’s faulty autocorrect, WhatsApp audio messages are a great alternative. Nevertheless, there are situations when you simply are unable to listen to the voice note and must ask your contact to type the complete message. The techniques mentioned above ought to help you in such situations. In meetings, I frequently utilise the aforementioned apps. What about you, though? Where do you plan to textify your audio notes from WhatsApp? Tell us in the comments section below.