Improvements to Animoji and the new Memojis are definitely not among the many new features in iOS 12 that you must try, but if you’re a kid at heart like me, you might still want to check them out until the novelty wears off.
Here’s how to create your own Memoji on iOS 12 and share it with friends who might or might not find it amusing to see a cartoon version of you if you have an iPhone X, the new iPhone XS, or an iPhone XS Max (in which case, congratulations!). But let’s leave that up to them, okay?
How to Create Your Own Memoji
The method of making a Memoji is actually quite simple, although taking some time. Our Memoji is modelled on me, but girls and women still have pretty much the same possibilities. The following is how to generate Memojis on iOS 12:
- Open Messages, and tap on a conversation (or create a new conversation if you like). Here, tap on the App Store icon next to the text field, and tap on the Animoji icon (the one with the monkey face).
- Swipe left and you ll see a plus icon with a label that reads New Memoji. Tap on it to get to the Memoji creation screen.
- Here, select the skin color that s closest to your own, or whatever skin colour you want. Use the slider to adjust the color to your liking. If you have freckles or even if you don t add them to your Memoji here as well.
- Once done, tap on Hairstyle. Here, choose the color of your hair, and select the hairstyle that s closest to yours, or your dream hairdo. You can even add highlights to your Memoji s hair if you want just in case your real hair is too plain.
- Next up, tap on Head Shape. Here, you can set the age on your facial features, and the shape of your chin.
- You can then tap on Eyes and select the color of your eyes, and their shape from the ridiculously long list of eye shapes.
- Once that s done, tap on Brows to select the color and shape of your eyebrows.
- Next up, tap on Nose & Lips to choose the size of your nose, and the color and shape of your lips.
- Once done, tap on Ears to select the size of your ears, and you can even add earrings if you want to show off your ear bling.
- Then, tap on Facial Hair and select the kind of sideburns you have, and the color and style of your mustache and beard.
- Then, tap on Eyewear. Here you can choose the eyewear you want, including the color of the frames and the lenses, and the style of eyewear you wear. Since I don t wear any, I ll just let this be.
- Lastly, you also get the option to add Headwear to your Memoji. There are caps, hats, fedoras, turbans, and a lot more to choose from, along with the color you want. Personally, I think I look cool in a top-hat, but I m gonna let it go for the sake of accuracy.
You may now discover your Memoji right next to the Animojis by tapping on Done.
HOW TO GET ANIMOUS ON ANDROID FROM IPHONE X
Use Memojis to Make Animojis More Personal
So that’s how you can use iOS 12 to make your own Memoji and share it with others. Memojis are essentially fully customizable Animojis, and they can certainly bring a lot of visual appeal to your discussions and messages—at least up until the novelty wears off, which I think can happen rather fast. Enjoy your new Memoji till then, and be free to tweet me your favorite Memojis.