If you don’t periodically remove duplicate contacts from your iPhone (or any other device, for that matter), the address book will quickly become disorganised and full of duplicates. Even worse, if you have iCloud Contacts enabled, useless contacts from other devices connected to the same account will sync with your smartphone as well, resulting in a complete jumble in your address book. Contrary to what many people believe, it’s considerably simpler to remove contacts on an iPhone. So, if you’re ready to purge your Contacts app, allow me to walk you through the five quickest ways to remove contacts from an iPhone or iPad.
5 Ways to Delete Contacts from iPhone (2022)
How Does Contact Deletion Work on iPhone and iPad?
There are quite straightforward solutions that work even though the official iOS contacts app doesn’t include a feature to enable you erase many iPhone contacts at once. You can start by deleting all of your iCloud Contacts that have been synced from other devices. This seems to be the most effective native method for cleaning out the iOS Contacts app.
Furthermore, you have the option of deleting third-party contacts and disabling contact synchronisation from them. This method might be quite helpful to you if you have imported contacts from third-party services like Gmail, AOL, Outlook, or others. Several potent contact manager apps are up to the task if you require a quick way to identify duplicate contacts and merge them all together.
Delete Specific Contacts on iPhone and iPad
You can easily erase a few contacts from your iPhone if that’s all you want to do. Keep in mind, though, that removing contacts on one device automatically deletes them from other devices that have iCloud Contacts turned on.
1. Open the Contacts app on your iOS device, then find the contact you want to remove. Tap Edit in the top-right corner of the screen after that.
2. Next, select Delete Contact at the bottom of the page and then confirm.
Delete All iCloud Contacts on iPhone and iPad
It’s a little easier to manage and keep your contacts up to current across devices with iCloud Contacts. However, your address book would become cluttered if you neglected to take control of the synced contacts. Thankfully, iOS provides a simple method to remove all previously synchronised iCloud Contacts. Therefore, check out the following instructions to get rid of the synced contacts if you no longer wish to keep them.
1. Tap your profile in the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Next, select iCloud and deactivate the Contacts toggle. The next thing that happens is a popup will appear at the bottom of the screen asking you what you want to do with the previously synced iCloud contacts on your iOS device. To conclude, tapDelete from My iPhone/iPad.
Use iCloud to Delete Multiple iPhone Contacts at Once
For years, users have relied on iCloud to remove several iPhone and iPad contacts at once. Consequently, if you have a computer with a reliable Internet connection, you may pick every pointless contact and delete them all with a single click.
1. Launch your computer’s web browser and navigate to iCloud.com. Sign in with your Apple ID and password after that. Next, select Contacts.
2. Next, select the contacts you wish to delete. Simply click any contact you want to delete while holding down the Control key.
3. Then, select the Settings icon located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
4. After that, click Delete and confirm that you want to remove the contacts.
It’s finished! All of the devices connected to the same iCloud account will lose your chosen contacts.
Delete Third-Party Contacts from Your iPhone and iPad
Third-party contacts can also be deleted from your iPhone and iPad using iOS. As a result, you can easily get rid of any previously synced contacts from Gmail or other services.
1. Select Contacts from the Settings app on your iOS device.
2. Select the account you want to delete by tapping Accounts.
3. Deactivate the Contacts toggle. After that, select Delete from My iPhone/iPhone to confirm the deletion of this account’s contacts.
Use a Third-Party App to Delete Multiple iPhone Contacts at Once
Try Groups (free; the full version is available for $9.99) or Delete Contacts+ (free; contact tools are available for $3.99) if you’re seeking for a smart contact manager that can help you quickly delete many iPhone contacts from your phone. They are simple to use and consistently effective at enabling you to delete pointless contacts from your iOS device.
Regardless of which of these two programmes you select, the process won’t be painful for you. For the sake of this post, I’ll demonstrate using the Groups app how to erase all of your iPhone’s contacts at once or specific contacts.
1. Open the Groups app on your iPhone and give it permission to access your contacts to begin going.
2. Select All Contacts from the Groupslist by tapping it now. Now, select the Select All option in the top left corner of the screen if you want to delete all of your iPhone contacts at once. Select the contacts you no longer require if you wish to erase any of them from your iOS device.
3. After that, select Delete Contacts from the popup menu by tapping Choose Action in the top centre. Make sure to verify the contacts’ deletion.
Delete Multiple Contacts from Your iOS/iPadOS Device With Ease
The end! These are therefore effective methods for removing contacts from your iOS iPhone. It has been a while since Apple updated the Contacts app with some noteworthy additions. The contacts app appears obsolete and needs to be redesigned, unlike other standard apps like FaceTime, which has been updated with nice features like SharePlayandscreen sharing, and Safari, which recently received extensions. Speaking of notable features, it would be really appreciated if there were better ways to merge duplicate contacts and remove several contacts at once. How do you feel? Don’t forget to share your thoughts and the changes you would want to see made to the stock contacts app.