On both your iPhone and Android device, Clubhouse allows you the choice to deactivate or cancel your account, just like the majority of other online social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and others. You can also log off Clubhouse from your social media accounts. Although it is outside the purview of this article, corporate (or paid) account users can also remove their company or a specific workplace from Clubhouse.
Delete Clubhouse Account on Android and iOS (2021)
In this article, we’ll demonstrate how to remove or deactivate your Clubhouse account on Android and iOS. We’ll go over how to permanently remove your Clubhouse account and all of the data connected to the audio-based social network. Additionally, we have information on how to deactivate social media accounts and remove contacts from Clubhouse. So let’s get started without further ado.
Steps to Deactivate Clubhouse Account Permanently
On both iOS and Android, the procedure to remove your clubhouse account is the same. On an Android device, we’ll demonstrate how to uninstall or deactivate anything. Simply adhere to the guidelines below:
- Open the Clubhouse app and tap on your profile avatar at the top-right. Then, tap on the gear icon at the top-right corner of the next page to open the Settings menu.
- On the Settings page, tap on Account . Next, select Deactivate Account to set the deletion process in motion.
- You will now see Clubhouse s standard warning about account deactivation and what that means for your account. We suggest you give it a read before you tap on the I understand. Deactivate Account button at the bottom to confirm your action.
How to Delete Clubhouse Account on Android and iPhone
Your Clubhouse account is fully hidden within the app once you deactivate it. You can restore or reactivate it by logging in again within 30 days, according to the business. Your account will revert to its previous state and become accessible to other app users if you decide to do so. Within those 30 days, Clubhouse will permanently erase your account if you don’t log back in.
How to Delete Clubhouse Data
Clubhouse will continue to save your information even though the procedure described above will prohibit you from accessing the account. This is because Clubhouse does not offer the option to remove account data like other social networking sites like Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok do.
By June 2021, requesting Clubhouse support for a manual full deletion will be the only way to permanently remove your data.
How to Verify Email ID in Clubhouse (Android, iOS)
Make sure to validate your email address before making a request to delete your account.
- Open the Clubhouse app and tap on your profile avatar at the top right corner. If you are yet to verify your email ID, you will see an @ icon (with a red dot) at the top. Tap on that to start the verification process.
- Now enter your email ID in the pop-up dialog box and tap on Verify . You will now receive an email with a verification link. Tap on OK to close the pop-up.
An account can only be deleted by Clubhouse if the email address is authentic. You can confirm your Clubhouse email ID by following these steps:
How to Remove Social Media Profiles from Clubhouse Account
To verify your email ID, check your inbox for emails and click the verification link. You can now use the aforementioned link to contact Clubhouse support with a request to delete your account.
If you only wish to disconnect your social network accounts from the app, you do not need to deactivate your Clubhouse account. By following the steps below, you can delete your social network accounts from your Clubhouse account.
Delete Clubhouse Account on Your iPhone or Android Device with Ease!
You can choose to disconnect from Twitter or Instagram by navigating to Settings -> Account -> Disconnect Twitter/ Instagram if you have linked your social media accounts to Clubhouse.