For a very long time, voice chat has been a significant component of video games. Voice talk is helpful whether you’re trying to protect a teammate from hostile fire or are mocking an opponent you just killed. Like any other platform, Roblox may benefit from voice chat’s many benefits. And happily, the developer took into account user suggestions and added voice chat (or spatial voice) to Roblox. We’ve already done the legwork for you if you’re one of the users who wants to enable the voice chat option. Continue reading as I walk you through setting up and using voice chat on Roblox.
How to Use Voice Chat on Roblox (2022)
Although the steps to enable voice chat on Roblox are simple, there are a few prerequisites that must be met first. However, if you already are aware of those, you can skip to the actual process using the table below.
Requirements to Use Voice Chat on Roblox
You must meet specific requirements because voice chat is not yet available to everyone (and may not be in the future). Prior to continuing, make sure you have completed everything on the following list:
1. You Must Be Age Verified on Roblox
Roblox is serious about enforcing proper content limitations. The voice chat feature is presently hidden behind an age restriction in order to prevent abuse. As a result, in order to utilise voice chat, you must provide proof that you are at least 13 years old. Follow our detailed tutorial on how to verify your age on Roblox to find out how to do it before continuing.
2. Verified Phone Number and Email ID
Although it’s not strictly necessary, we advise double-checking your phone number and email address as a precaution before using voice chat. Go to your accounts settings by selecting Cog -> Settings on your desktop to confirm them both. The Add/ Verify buttons are located next to the Phone Number and Email Address under Account Info. To finish the procedure, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
3. A Working Microphone
Although it should go without saying, in order to make sure you can effectively use the voice chat feature on Roblox, you will need a functioning microphone. It could be a built-in microphone in your system or a headset. Before continuing, make sure you have it.
How to Enable Voice Chat on Roblox
If you have met all the prerequisites listed above, voice chat on Roblox should now be available. If it isn’t, you can wait a while to see if the functionality will eventually appear. Now that that has been said, let’s examine and enable voice chat on Roblox.
1. Once Roblox is open on your computer and you are logged in, click the Cog icon in the top right corner and select Settings from the dropdown menu. The Account Info menu will be presented to you.
2. Next, navigate from the left sidebar to the Privacysection.
3. Locate and turn on the toggle next to Enable Voice Chat under the Beta Features section of the Privacy settings. Your selection will now be verified by a pop-up box.
4. You will now be prompted to give Roblox your permission to capture your voice recording for analytics purposes. Before clicking the Enable button, be sure you have read all the options.
5. Soon after, voice chat will become available on your Roblox account. By looking for the green toggle or testing it out in a game, you may confirm the same!
And just like that, it’s done! You can now use voice chat on your Roblox account. Be sure to treat everyone with respect, and if you see or hear abuse, report it. Continue reading to discover how to use voice chat in games.
How to Use Voice Chat on Roblox
Now, sadly, not every Roblox experience supports voice chat. That’s because adding voice chat capabilities is the game developer’s responsibility, not Roblox’s. As a result, only a few games will support this functionality. You might or might not be able to use voice chat depending on them.
1. You may quickly determine whether your chosen game supports voice chat by going to its Roblox listing. Voice Enabled will appear with a Yes or No label as you continue to scroll down.
If you can’t find it, the Yellow Beta button that displays in the top left of the game when you launch it is another clear sign that Roblox games enable voice chat. If you see this button, it signifies that text and voice chat are supported for this particular Roblox experience.
2. A brief terms of service pop-up will appear after clicking the Beta button, informing you that your audio is being recorded. Make sure your microphone is connected to your computer, though, so you can utilise the voice chat option.
3. After finishing, select the microphone from the Input devices tab by hovering over the game’s settings. By simply clicking on the microphone bubble that displays while you’re playing, you may quickly enable or disable your voice-in-game functionality.
Few Games That Support Voice Chat
A complete list of games that allow voice chat on Roblox has not yet been made public. As was already stated, it depends on developers and could therefore take some time. Until then, you can check to see if the game supports voice chat and enable it using the methods mentioned above. Here are 5 Roblox games that I like that enable Roblox voice chat to aid you on your adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
2. Leave the building
4. Mystery Murder 25.Mic Up
Will Roblox eavesdrop on me using my voice data?
The Roblox Voice Terms website makes clear that Roblox solely utilises your recordings for moderation and safety purposes. This implies that your speech will be monitored, but simply to ensure that you don’t violate any community rules or suffer abuse yourself. So don’t worry if you’re concerned that your voice model will be misused.
If I enable voice chat, will Roblox sell my information?
According to Roblox, neither voice recordings nor their sale or sharing with outside parties is done. Therefore, any marketers shouldn’t have access to your voice data. However, it’s recommended to turn off voice chat just to be safe if you’re still uneasy.
How can I report a player who abuses their voice?
Enable Voice Chat on Roblox and Chatter Away
Roblox has thankfully made it simple to report any person who is mistreating you or another user in voice chat. Simply select the player to report by going to the Player tab. Check out this helpful Roblox guide on the subject for a more comprehensive guide.