Even though not all of the notifications I get are important, I want to keep track of each and every one to be informed. While the critical warnings successfully get my attention right away, I frequently forget about other notifications. The overwhelming number of notifications has turned me off by the time I return to the non-urgent alerts. Thankfully, that’s a thing of the past thanks to a new Notification Summary feature that comes with iOS 15 to assist manage the less significant messages. Continue reading to find out how to enable or disable Notification Summary on your iPhone running iOS 15.
How to Enable/ Disable Notification Summary in iOS 15 on iPhone
Before we go into the specifics of how to enable or disable this function, let’s first discuss what it offers and why you would want to turn it on.
What is Notification Summary and How Does It Work?
You may easily keep track of non-urgent notifications with the help of Notification Summary. When activated, itsmartly gathers all the less significant warnings and enables you to get them at convenient times in a rather tidy package.
You can select your chosen applications for your summary based on your needs. Notification Summary dynamically arranges apps based on the daily notification average to simplify the process of choosing apps simple for you. Finding the crucial apps whose alerts you wish to follow becomes simple as a result. You can choose the time when you want to receive a Notification Summary after choosing the apps you want to use. Keeping track of non-urgent alerts becomes simple as a result.
It’s important to note that all calls, messages, and time-sensitive notifications will be sent out right away, including those from apps that are listed in the notification summary.
Enable Notification Summary on iPhone
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Select Notifications.
3. After that, choose Scheduled Summary.
4. To activate the feature, turn the switch directly next to Scheduled Summary on.
5. After that, select the apps for your summary by tapping on Continue. When finished, click Add [x] Apps.
6. Next, decide when your notification summary will be released. Remember that you can add as many notification summaries as you like. For example, you can decide to get a summary of your notifications three times a day, in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Tap on Add Summary and choose the time you want to see the summary to plan it.
7. After modifying the schedule to suit your requirements, be sure to click Turn on Notification Summary at the bottom.
The end! On your iOS 15 device, you have successfully built a personalised Notification Summary. With iOS 15, you will now receive a collection of all non-urgent notifications at the time of your choosing. The planned summary can also be previewed in the Notification Center.
Customize Notification Summary on iPhone
You have total discretion over which apps you choose to include in the Notification Summary in iOS 15. So that it doesn’t appear cluttered, you can opt to accept or restrict alerts from particular apps in the summary. Here’s how it works and when you can modify them:
1. Select Apps from the Summary.
2. Next, toggle the switch next to the desired apps on or off.
Change Frequency of Notification Summary Delivery
The frequency of notification summaries can always be adjusted to suit your needs. To get a single summary at the end of the day or right before bed, follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings app -> Notifications -> Scheduled Summary.
2. After that, click Deliver Summary.
3. Select your favourite frequency. You have complete control over how frequently your iOS 15 device will send you a Notification Summary, from once per day to 12 times per day.
Disable Notification Summary on iOS 15
It is possible to disable Notification Summary in the settings if you ever wish to stop receiving the collection of less significant alerts.
- Open Settings -> Notifications -> Scheduled Summary.
2. At this point, flip the switch opposite Scheduled Summary off.
Use Notification Summary for a Clutter-Free Experience
All there is to it is that! In order to easily monitor the less significant alerts in iOS 15, you can enable and use Notification Summary. The most recent version of iOS has a tonne of brand-new features. It offers features including blurring the background during FaceTime video calls, making FaceTime calls from iOS to Android, and watching movies together via FaceTime SharePlay.
Which of the new iOS 15 features do you prefer, and why? Your favourite features from iOS 15 would be wonderful to know about in the comments section below.