Along with a number of brand-new features like Passkeys, increased lock screen customization, and message editing, iOS 16 also introduces a few cool new features. One of iOS 16’s undiscovered features is the option to turn on haptics for the iPhone keyboard. For those who are unaware, if you activate this function, your iPhone’s keyboard will vibrate as you type. Therefore, it is advised that you use this article to learn how to set or disable keyboard haptics on iPhone with iOS 16 if you want to improve your typing experience.
Enable Keyboard Vibration on iPhone in iOS 16 (2022)
In case you were unaware, keyboard haptics have been around for a while. This feature is supported by a large number of third-party iOS keyboard apps, including Microsoft SwiftKey and Gboard, but not the built-in keyboard. This little function has long been requested by iPhone users, and Apple has finally responded. All iPhone models compatible with iOS 16 have the keyboard haptics feature, so if you have an iPhone 8 or later, typing will cause a vibration.
Turn on Haptic Feedback on iPhone Keyboard
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone running iOS 16 and select Sounds & Haptics.
2. Click on Keyboard Feedback now.
3. TheHaptictoggle must then be activated, and you are ready to go. It’s vital to know that if you don’t need keyboard sound, you can turn it off on this page. To achieve this, deactivate the Soundtoggle.
Bring up your iPhone’s default keyboard so that each key you hit will cause a slight vibration.
Disable Haptic Feedback for iPhone Keyboard
The haptic keyboard is quite cool and makes typing easier, but not everyone will find it helpful. Fortunately, Apple makes it simple for you to disable it. The steps are as follows:
1. As mentioned in the section above, open the Settings app and go to Sounds & Haptics -> Keyboard Feedback.
2. Finally, turn off the toggle that is located next to “Haptic.” When typing on your iPhone keyboard, you won’t experience any vibrations anymore.
Enable and Use Haptic Keyboard on Your iPhone
You’re all set! It’s never too late to provide a practical feature, like keyboard haptics, to improve consumers’ typing experience. Therefore, it’s fantastic that Apple included this long-requested feature to the iPhone’s native keyboard with iOS 16. In addition to this, you may now edit, unsend, and take brief notes on your iPhone. So be sure to read the linked articles and take a look at these features. Please let us know if you decide to continue with a third-party keyboard or switch to the iPhone’s native keyboard now that it has haptics.