There are times when the built-in emojis are simply insufficient, and you can’t even locate the ideal GIF to express your emotions. Due to the capability for custom emojis in Discord, you don’t need to worry about any of this. To make interactions more enjoyable, Discord lets you upload and use your own unique emoticons on servers. This post will teach you how to make and add personalised emoticons to your Discord server if you’re wanting to brighten up your server.
3 Ways to Enter the BIOS in Windows 11 (2022)
Custom emojis are frequently used on Discord servers, but if you have a Discord Nitro subscription, you may also use them in direct messages. Now that we have that out of the way, here is all you need to know about Discord’s support for custom emojis.
Enter the BIOS in Windows 11 Using a Dedicated BIOS Key
To better express oneself, use custom emojis in Discord. These emojis come in both static and animated varieties. To your Discord server, you may freely post up to 50 static and 50 animated emojis. To utilise animated emojis on Discord, you and the other users of the server must have Discord Nitro. Additionally, sending emojis between servers is available with a Nitro subscription.
As was already indicated, your server comes with 50 free emoji slots by default. You gain 50 more emoji slots if a Discord server unlocks Level 1 perks (2 Nitro enhancements). This means that you will now have a total of 100 emoji slots available. Additionally, Level 2 servers (15 Nitro boosts) receive 150 slots, while Level 3 servers (30 Nitro boosts) receive an incredible 250 slots.
- BIOS key for HP laptops F10 or Esc
- BIOS key for Asus laptops F2
- BIOS key for Dell laptops F2 or F12
- BIOS key for Acer laptops F2 or DEL
- BIOS key for Lenovo laptops F2 or Fn + F2
- BIOS key for Samsung laptops F2
- BIOS key for Sony laptops F1, F2, or F3
- BIOS key for Toshiba laptops F2
- BIOS key for Xiaomi laptops F9 or F12
- BIOS key for Realme laptops F2
Before you proceed to design unique emoticons for your Discord server, there are a few things you should bear in mind. Keep in mind that emoji images must be 128 by 128 pixels and cannot be larger than 256 KB. So with that said, let’s get started.
- BIOS key for Asus motherboards F2 or DEL
- BIOS key for MSI motherboards DEL
- BIOS key for Gigabyte motherboards DEL
- BIOS key for ASRock motherboards F2
- BIOS key for Zebronics motherboards F2
Choose the photo you wish to use for your custom emoji and crop it to a 1:1 aspect ratio. Any photo editing software should work in place of the FastStone Image Viewer that I am using in this instance.
Enter the BIOS in Windows 11 from the Settings
2. Once the image has been cropped, resize it to 128 128 pixels and save it as a PNG. You can now utilise your emote.
Photoshop or well-known websites like Remove.bg can be used to remove the backdrop from your Discord emoticons if you wish them to have a transparent background. For thorough methods, see our guide on removing backgrounds from photographs without Photoshop.
If all of those processes seem too laborious, you may simply choose the best emojis from already-existing Discord servers. The adage “good artists copy, great artists steal” is true. Here’s how you can actually draw inspiration from stylish emoticons on current servers. Be aware that this solution is only compatible with the online and desktop apps for Discord. This is not possible with the Discord mobile app.
1. From now on, all you have to do to send an emoji to a server anytime you see one you like is right-click on it.
2. To save the image to your PC when using Discord from a web browser, select Save Image as.
On the Discord web app, save emoji
Enter the BIOS in Windows 11 from Command Prompt
3. After right-clicking the emote, users of the official Discord client should select the Save Image option.
Emoticons on the desktop version of Discord
You only need to head to your server settings to upload these personalised emojis you have so carefully chosen because someone else has already done all the tedious resizing work to add emojis to their own server. Check out the next section to find out how to add personalised emoticons to your Discord server.
shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
You are ready to add your own own emojis to your own Discord server once you have finished creating them. Here’s how to add personalised emoticons to a desktop or web-based Discord server.
1. Launch your Discord server and click the down arrow next to the server name in the top-left corner.
Open BIOS or UEFI Settings on Your Windows 11 PC
2. Select Server Settings from the list of available choices.