When attempting to call your default phone number from your iPhone 13, do you frequently receive the Last Line No Longer Available error? You are not the only one who is dealing with this ongoing problem, so relax. This mistake on iOS 15 has drawn complaints from a number of iPhone 13 customers. The issue allegedly occurs frequently on the iPhone 13 series, but it also occurs on earlier iPhone models running iOS 15. As usual, we’ve created a tutorial to assist you in resolving the Last Line No Longer Available on iPhone 13 problem. So let’s start debugging and consider various workable fixes for the problem.
11 Ways to Fix Last Line No Longer Available iPhone Error (2022)
Understanding the issue well is essential to identifying the root of the issue and potential solutions. As a result, before learning about the various solutions to the problem, we first discussed what might be the cause of this persistent error.
What Causes Last Line No Longer Available Issue to Occur on iPhone?
The Last Line No Longer Available issue has been present on Apple iPhone since iOS 12 therefore it is nothing new. iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 small, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max have all been afflicted by the problem.
The message “Last Line No Longer Available” appears on the screen whenever a user attempts to call the default line using the phone app’s recent logs. Do you wish to make a call on the last line you have?
For those who are unaware, when you have two SIMs active on your smartphone, iOS allows you to set your default line (phone number), which iMessage and FaceTime use. Additionally, the iPhone lets you call or message someone who isn’t listed in your Contacts app using the default line. You can decide to use one line exclusively for cellular data and use the other line as your default line for calls and texts based on your needs.
Users are unable to dial a contact using their preferred SIM card due to the problem. They must therefore use the final line to accomplish it. We’ll demonstrate how to resolve the Last Line No Longer Available problem on your new iPhone 13.
Fix Last Line No Longer Available Error on iPhone 13
1. Turn On/Off Airplane Mode
Believe it or not, I almost always use aeroplane mode on my iPhone as a network troubleshooter. My experience is that most of the time, resetting the radios resolves network-related issues that do arise occasionally. So before attempting the other cures below, be sure to try this clever workaround.
- Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen (on iPhones without home button) to access the Control center and tap on the airplane mode icon to enable it.
- After waiting a few seconds, tap the airplane mode icon to turn it off and enable your network connection once again. Now, try dialing any contact through the preferred SIM card on your iPhone to check if the last line no longer available issue is fixed.
2. Clear Your Recent Call Log
Clearing the recent call log was said to work for many iPhone users who encountered the Last Line No Longer Available message. Although it may seem a little strange, we have found several unusual solutions that have in the past been useful in solving issues. So, don’t pass up this opportunity as well.
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone, move to the Recents tab at the bottom, and tap Edit at the top right corner of the screen. Then, tap on Clear at the top left corner of the screen. After that, select the Clear All option to confirm the deletion. Now, restart your iPhone.
- Once your device has rebooted, try making a call from the default line. If the pop-up doesn t appear, you have overcome the issue.
3. Force Restart Your iPhone
On your iPhone, a force restart, sometimes referred to as a hard reset, clears the cache and deletes pointless temporary files, which frequently resolves many iOS issues. As a result, you ought to try this clever solution as well.
- On iPhone 8 or later: Press the volume up button. Then, quickly press the volume down button. After that, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo shows up on the screen.
- On iPhone 7/ 7 Plus: Press and hold the power button and the volume down button simultaneously until the Apple logo shows up on the screen.
- On iPhone 6s/ 6 Plus or earlier: Hold down the power button and the home button at once until the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears.
4. Try Switching Between SIMs
For calling purposes, iOS lets you switch between SIMs. You have the option to alter the default line you’ve specified for calls and texts. Try using a different SIM card in your iPhone if the Last Line No Longer Available problem still prevents you from making calls from the default line.
- Tap the i button next to the contact you want to call -> your default phone number -> alternate number.
- When manually dialing a phone number, tap the primary phone number and choose the alternate SIM.
5. Update Carrier Settings
Updating the carrier settings is another option you should try to solve the Last Line No Longer Available problem on your iOS device. The issue can be caused by a carrier network, in which case you can fix it by upgrading the carrier setting on your device. The good news is that carrier providers frequently make upgrades to improve the cellular network’s general functionality and eliminate sporadic problems.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and navigate to General -> About. Now, you may get an alert asking you to update the carrier settings.
- Next, hit Update on the pop-up prompt, and you are good to go!
6. Disable WiFi Calling
WiFi calling is a helpful tool, especially for persons who frequently find themselves in locations with strong WiFi reception but limited phone coverage. However, issues like the last line not available error message might occasionally arise with WiFi calling. Here’s how to disable WiFi calling so that you can repair the issue.
- Go to Settings -> Phone -> WiFi Calling.
- Turn off the toggle next to WiFi Calling to disable the feature on your iPhone.
As an alternative, you may also disable WiFi calling under the Mobile Data settings:
- Go to Settings -> Mobile Data -> WiFi Calling.
- Disable the toggle next to WiFi Calling on this iPhone to turn off WiFi calling.
Hopefully, this will help you to fix the issue. Try some of the other options listed above if you are still unable to make calls from your primary number.
7. Turn off Automatic Network Selection
When Network Selection is set to automatic on iPhones, many customers have complained that the last line no longer accessible error occurs. It’s worth a shot to try disabling this because it frequently resolves the problem. What you must do is as follows.
- Go to Settings -> Mobile Data -> Network Selection.
- Disable the toggle next to Automatic
Check to see whether you can now make calls without experiencing the issue. If not, continue reading to discover further measures you can do to resolve the problem.
8. Remove and Reinsert Your SIM
Any of the aforementioned suggestions failed to help you solve your problem? So take out the SIM card and put it back in. You may frequently solve cellular problems by employing this time-tested method. After turning off your iPhone, remove the SIM tray using a SIM-ejector tool. The physical SIM card should now be reinserted after a little delay.
Then, to turn on your device, press and hold the power button. Try making a call on your iPhone’s default line now to see if the Last Line No Longer Available error message still appears.
9. Reset Network Settings
Resetting the network settings to factory default is the one trick I always try when I encounter a network-related problem. We advise you to try out this approach as well because the Last Line No Longer Available problem also appears to be related to the e-SIM.
- Head into the Settings app > General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
- Now, enter your device passcode and select the Reset Network Settings option again in the pop-up to confirm your selection.
10. Reset All Settings
Wiping out all of the device’s settings and starting over can help when tried-and-true iOS troubleshooting techniques fall short. So that you may resolve the Last Line No Longer Available problem on your iPhone, we advise you to try this method next.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
- Now, enter your device passcode and tap Reset All Settings again to finish.
11. Update Software
Nowadays, the majority of iOS versions contain a variety of issues. While some bugs are corrected in later versions, many others—especially the less noticeable ones—remain unfixed for a very long period. Additionally, there are a few flaws that occasionally appear. In the article linked, we identified some of the most prevalent iOS 15 issues and their fixes. Even while it may sound negative toward Apple’s mobile OS, it is the hard truth.
It’s possible that a problem is to blame if you continue to see the error when dialling the default line. Therefore, fixing the issue can include updating the programme.
- Head to the Settings app on your iPhone -> General -> Software Update and download and install the latest version of iOS.
Resolve Last Line No Longer Available Issue in iOS 15 or Later
The Last Line No Longer Available error message on your iPhone 13 or an earlier iPhone model can be fixed using the methods listed above, which are essentially the only ones available. As we already stated, the issue is probably network-related. Therefore, advice like upgrading carrier settings or resetting the network settings is more likely to address the issue. Whichever repair you used to resolve the Last Line No Longer Available problem on your iPhone, please let me know. Additionally, please share any additional fixes you find to solve this annoying problem in the comments below.