Are you sick of constantly opening irrelevant messages from your Facebook friends? In that case, you’ve found the right location. Because we’ll show you how to stop your friends from knowing when you’re online on Facebook in this article. We’ll show you how to hide your Active status on Facebook (Android, iOS, and the web) so that when you log on, no one will send you unsolicited messages. In other words, we’ll show you how to disable the green dot on your Facebook page.
Hide Active Status From Friends on Facebook (2021)
How do your pals find out that you’ve joined the internet now? What does Facebook’s green dot actually mean? The green dot, then, represents the user’s online state. It indicates that the individual is currently actively using the social media platform. In addition to the green dot on Facebook, you might also notice a grey crescent moon signifying that someone is online but inactive and an empty grey circle signifying that they are offline. The person has their conversation turned off, as indicated by the grey circle.
This article will show you how to stop telling your Facebook friends that you’re online (shown by the green dot next to your profile picture). Either the Facebook mobile app for Android and iOS, or the Facebook website can be used to carry out that action. So without further ado, let’s look at how you can prevent Facebook friends from seeing your Active status on the web, Android, and iPhone.
Turn Off Green Dot on Facebook On the Web
- Log in to Facebook (website link) and click on the Messenger icon in the left sidebar on the homepage.
- Now hit the three-dot menu button on the top-right corner of the Messenger window and go to Preferences .
- From the options menu that pops-up, click on Turn off Active Status .
- Now select your preferred option to hide your Active status on Facebook. Finally, hit OK to save your preference. As you can see, I chose to turn off Active status for all my contacts.
You can choose to disable Active status for all contacts or just the ones who are the most bothersome or pointless. Choose option 2 to whitelist contacts and prevent others from seeing your online status (Turn off Active status for all contacts except ). On the other side, use option 3 to only disable Active status for selected contacts (Turn off Active status for only some contacts ). Enter the target contacts’ names in both situations, then click OK to finish.
- Open the Facebook app on your Android device and hit the Messenger icon at the top-right corner. You will need to have the Messeneger app (Free) installed for this to work. In the Messenger app, go to Chats .
- On the next screen, you will find your Messenger settings. Select the Active Status option and then turn off the Show when you re active toggle on the next page. That will turn off the green dot that appears next to your name on Facebook.
- On the confirmation pop-up, hit Turn Off to hide your Active status on Facebook.
As you can see, using the Android app, you were able to successfully hide your Active status on Facebook.
On iOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad and hit the hamburger menu (three parallel lines) at the bottom-right corner of your screen. Now expand the Settings and Privacy section and select Settings .
- Under the Privacy sub-section, select Active Status and turn off the Show when you re active toggle on the next page. Confirm when asked.
Congratulations. Using the iOS software on your iPhone, you have now concealed your Active status on Facebook. Even when you are online and actively using Facebook, your friends won’t see a green dot on your profile picture anymore.
Hide Online Status (Green Dot) on Facebook to Appear Offline
Despite initiatives to delete Facebook, users continue to use the site despite its numerous privacy violations. Therefore, if you use Facebook and are tired of receiving so many unsolicited messages, follow this tutorial to keep your Active status a secret from your Facebook friends. You can choose to delete Facebook if you wish to step things up in order to lessen tracking and improve your online privacy. On the other hand, turning on dark mode on Android and iOS will provide your eyes with the much-needed relief they require while texting if you enjoy engaging with friends and family there.