You can hide your profile image from other users on Telegram and WhatsApp. The latter gives you the option to individually hide your profile image from particular people and groups, whereas the former only allows you to set profile photo visibility to your contacts and nobody. Here are the steps needed to hide profile images on WhatsApp and Telegram if you’re unsure how to use the feature.
Hide Profile Picture on WhatsApp and Telegram
Hide Profile Picture on WhatsApp
1. Launch WhatsApp and select the top-right vertical menu with three dots. Select Settings from the list of available options. Select Account when the Settings page appears.
2. Select Privacy from the Account settings page, then select Profile photo from the Who may see my personal info section.
3. The options for profile photo privacy will now be displayed: Everyone, My contacts, and Nobody. If you don’t want anyone on WhatsApp to view your profile picture, set the privacy to Nobody. If you wish to allow anyone in your address book to see your display photo, you may also change the privacy to My contacts.
Hide Display Picture on Telegram
1. To access Settings, open Telegram and swipe right. Tap Privacy and Security on the Settings page.
2. The Profile Photos options are located in the Privacy section of the Privacy and Security page. To see the choices available, tap it. Everyone, as well as my contacts. By selecting the Never Allow option, you can choose to conceal your profile image from specific individuals or organisations.
3. Select the contacts and the group you wish to conceal your profile picture from, then tap Never Allow. Once finished, click the floating action icon with a checkmark to save the hidden contacts list. To confirm changes, hit the checkmark icon in the top-right corner of the screen. Likewise, you can add people to the Always Allow list to grant them access to your profile photo.
Hide WhatsApp and Telegram Profile Pictures
So there you have it—a method for hiding profile images on Telegram and WhatsApp. In case you were wondering, we didn’t cover Signal’s feature that allows users to hide their profile photographs from certain users. Check out the finest Telegram tips and tricks and WhatsApp tips and tricks post if you’re new to the service.