You may have experienced uncomfortable circumstances when a family member or acquaintance responds to a narrative intended for your closest pals. Hide your stories from them if you have someone like that in your contacts or followers list that you can’t actually unfollow or ban. Here’s how to do it on popular social media and instant messaging services like Instagram, WhatsApp, and Snapchat if you’re wondering how to hide stories.
Hide Stories from People on Instagram, WhatsApp, and Snapchat
In order to cover Instagram, WhatsApp, and Snapchat, we added distinct sets of instructions. Please let us know in the comments if there are any other story-based apps that you would like the instructions for, and we’ll do our best to include them. Check out how you can conceal news on the aforementioned three platforms for the time being.
Hide Story on Instagram
1. Go to Settings in Instagram first before hiding stories from specific users. To accomplish this, select Settings from the hamburger menu on your profile page.
2. Select Privacy from the Settings page.
Press Story on the privacy page’s Interactions section to discover the privacy options for Instagram stories.
3. A number of choices will now be available for you to modify how Instagram should manage stories. Click on “Hide Story From” here. On this tab, all of your Instagram followers are displayed, and you can select which persons’ stories to hide. Additionally, you can find users easily by using the search bar at the top. The end of that. Your IG stories will no longer be visible to the individuals you select from this list.
Hide Status on WhatsApp
Use Instagram’s close friends function if you’d want to share tales with a select group of users. To learn how to add people to your list of close friends, visit the article we’ve linked to. It’s important to keep in mind that Instagram won’t let you know if you add or remove people from your list of close friends. Check out our best Instagram tips and tricks page for more advice like this.
Start WhatsApp and select the Status tab. Select Status Privacy by tapping the vertical menu with three dots in the top right corner.
2. Click My contacts except on the Status privacy page.
Hide Snapchat Story
Select the contacts you want to keep your status a secret from and then hit the checkmark action button in the bottom right corner. If you wish to upload anything only for your close friends, you can pick Only share with and specify a specific group of people.
Check out our favourite WhatsApp tips & tricks article for more advice like this.
1. When using Snapchat, enter your Profile page by tapping on your avatar in the top-left corner. Then, select Add to My Story by pressing the horizontal three-dot menu.
Stop Certain People from Seeing Your Stories
Select Story Settings from the pop-up menu that just appeared.