It happens frequently for Snapchat accounts to be hacked. There are numerous websites that advertise services for Snapchat account hacking. Additionally, there are lots of phishing websites that ask for your Snapchat login information in exchange for fantastic features, only to hack into your account. It’s hardly surprising that hackers are attempting to hijack Snapchat accounts given that Snapchat now allows you to send payments to other users by linking your card to it.
We can assist you in locating and recovering your hacked Snapchat account if you suspect that your account has been compromised or that there has been some suspicious behaviour. Let’s return your account without further ado!
Is Your Snapchat Account Really Hacked?
It’s best to determine whether your Snapchat account has genuinely been hacked and there is no misunderstanding before attempting to recover your account. The following are some indicators that could show whether or not your account has been hacked:
- Any suspicious activity on your Snapchat account that wasn t performed by you. Like changes in account settings, your display name, addition of new friends, messages that you don t remember sending or any other particular activity you don t recognize.
- You are frequently logged out of your account and need to login.
- You received an email that your Snapchat password was changed or Snapchat alerted you that your account was accessed from a different location or device. If you don t recognize these changes, your account might be hacked.
- You can t login at all. Snapchat keeps saying that the password is wrong even when you are sure about entering the right password.
Gain Access and Secure Your Snapchat Account
Let’s try to recover your Snapchat account if you are certain that it has been compromised. If you can still access your account or if you are unable to, follow these procedures to recover your Snapchat account:
If You can Access Your Hacked Snapchat Account
Here’s what you should do if the hacker hasn’t locked you out of the account and you can still log in.
To begin, tap the Settings icon or slide down from the Ghost icon. Make sure the email address and phone number aren’t altered in the Snapchat settings.
After that, click Password and input your old password and a new one by tapping on it.
Make sure your email account hasn’t been compromised as well. Use the appropriate security precautions that your email provider offers to safeguard your account. Even if you secure it, your Snapchat account will still be compromised if your email account is. To further safeguard your account, you should also adhere to the security recommendations provided at the end of this article.
If You Can t Access Your Account
You could still be able to access your Snapchat account by utilising the Forgot your password option if the hacker changed the password and prevented you from accessing it.
Snapchat will ask you if you want to change your password using your phone number or email address when you tap the Forgot your password link below during the login process. I advise using your phone number rather than your email address because there is a better possibility that it won’t be compromised.
You will need to complete a captcha check before Snapchat sends a code to your phone. Snapchat will allow you to change your password and gain access to your account if you enter the code in the area given.
You will receive a password change link in your email if you opt to restore your Snapchat account using your email address. You can use this link to change your password and gain access to your Snapchat account.
Still Can t Access Your Account?
It means the hacker updated both of these details in your Snapchat account settings if you were unable to change the password using your phone number or email. Only the Snapchat support staff will be able to assist you in getting your compromised account back in that instance.
Fortunately, Snapchat provides a help website where you may enter the necessary information to restore access to your account—even if the password, phone number, or email have all been changed. Go to the Snapchat help page and choose the option to “Report a safety concern.” Snapchat will ask you about your worry, and you can choose My account may have been compromised.
If you click on Yes next to “Still need help?” you will see some advice on how to safeguard your account. When Snapchat asks if you were able to access your account or not, click here to say “No.”
The Snapchat team will next ask you to fill out all the necessary information so they can assist you with recovering your account. You must include your Snapchat username, a way for the Snapchat team to reach you via email, the email address associated with your account the last time you logged in, any third-party apps to which you have connected your Snapchat account, and a section for additional information that will aid Snapchat in locating and recovering your account.
The Snapchat customer service staff will check the information when you submit all the aforementioned information and get in touch with you. If they need any additional information, just give it to them, and they should be able to assist you in getting your account back.
Secure Your Snapchat Account
You ought should be able to access your Snapchat account after following the steps above. Once you’re inside your account, you can use the Snapchat security advice listed below to protect it from any potential future problems:
- Use a Strong Password: Like any other online account, a strong password is the first defense against hackers. Make sure your Snapchat account password contains random words, numerals, characters and upper & lower case alphabets. You can use a password manager to save the complicating password.
- Never Share your Account Information: Whether it is your friend or someone claiming to offer you incentives, you should never give up your account information. No one will ever need your account login credentials to offer services or solve a problem, including Snapchat support team.
- Refrain From Using Third-party Apps and Services: There are dozens of third-party apps and services that will let you connect your Snapchat account to access more features. However, these services could be less secure and some could even be outright scams. The more you stay away from such services, the better.
- Use Snapchat Login Verification: Snapchat offers 2-factor Authentication in the form of Login Verification to protect your account. Once Login Verification is enabled, you will have to provide your Snapchat account password and a random code sent to your phone to login. This will make it almost impossible for a hacker to hack your account, as they will need physical access to your phone. Here is the Snapchat support page that offers all the details regarding the Login Verification process.
HOW TO CHECK AND RESTORE YOUR HACKED FACEBOOK ACCOUNT, ALSO SEE
Recovered your hacked Snapchat account?
The Forgot your password option should usually be sufficient to restore your account. However, even if you are locked out, the Snapchat staff can assist if you give them the appropriate information. If the account is really yours, it shouldn’t be difficult to provide information like the last snap sent, the last time a successful login occurred, the old password, and other similar information. Having said that, dealing with a compromised personal account can be mentally taxing, therefore we hope the methods outlined above helped you regain access to your Snapchat account. Please let us know in the comments section below whether you were successful in regaining access to your Snapchat account.