Everyone has been riveted to their mobile screen, eating one chicken supper after another, ever since Tencent published the mobile version of PUBG. The mobile version of PUBG is rather highly optimised and plays fairly smoothly on almost all recent smartphones, in contrast to the PC version of the game, which is infamous for its poor optimizations. However, you might have experienced sporadic stuttering and frame dips while playing PUBG Mobile if you’re using an outdated or perhaps somewhat weak device. In casual games, a few frame drops here and there are usually not a major concern, but in intensely competitive games like PUBG, even a single frame drop might be fatal.
But we do have some welcome news to share. Now, you can successfully increase PUBG performance on low-end devices by using the GFX Tool app or modifying the config files (in case you don’t have a rooted device) (rooted devices only).
Note: For the first technique, which requires a non-rooted device, I used a Redmi Y1, and for the second method, which requires a rooted device, I used the Moto G5S Plus.
Improve PUBG Mobile Performance by Editing Config Files (non-rooted devices)
- A root file explorer (we recommend ES File Explorer)
- PUBG Config Converter (download)
1. To find the PUBG Mobile UserCustom.ini file, you’ll need to download and instal a root file explorer of your choosing. You can find the UserCustom.ini file under:
2. Then, in order to alter values, you’ll need to access the file. To do this, you might need to change its extension to.txt and open with a notepad software. You have the option to open it with the built-in ES Note Editor if you’re using the ES File Explorer.
3. A string of characters and numbers will now be presented to you, all of which are completely meaningless. The PUBG Config Converter is useful in this situation. The values typed after +CVars= must be copied, then pasted into the converter’s top bar before selecting “decode.”
4. The entry will be quickly decoded by the converter, allowing you to change the values. Make sure you only change the game’s performance-related parameters, such as quality, shadow, bloom, depth of field, refraction, etc.
5. After making changes to the values, you must copy the modified setting, encode it again, and paste it in the same location. I realise it seems like a lot of work, but trust me—worthwhile. it’s
In order to reduce all the settings to their most basic configurations and get the maximum performance out of a low-end device, you’ll need to repeat the procedure numerous times. You should modify the following parameters, along with the corresponding values:
|Values You Can Change|
All that’s left to do is start the game up and start playing to get your chicken meal!
Improve PUBG Mobile Performance Using the GFX Tool App (rooted devices only)
- A rooted Android device
- GFX Tool App (download)
The second option, which is only applicable to rooted smartphones, is quite easy to understand. You can get GFX Tool for your smartphone from the URL provided above. This software is used by it. Once the programme has been downloaded, you must take the following actions to enhance PUBG performance on your device:
1. The GFX Tool software is quite useful and offers a straightforward interface with which you can alter the PUBG graphics settings, in contrast to the prior technique for non-rooted devices.
2. Set up the GFX Tool as shown in the image below, then press the Accept button. The button will then change to Run Game, and pressing it will launch the game!
If the aforementioned settings don’t suit you, you can fiddle with the various parameters to find what does. Here is a brief summary of what each option changes to assist you in getting started:
- Version: This setting is fairly straightforward. You just have to choose the version of PUBG Mobile that you re currently running. Nothing much to it.
- Resolution: This setting will allow you to scale down the game s resolution, which will greatly improve performance. However, you ll have to take into account the size of your screen before selecting a very low resolution, as it may make the game completely unplayable.
- Graphics: While PUBG Mobile allows you to choose from a number of different graphical settings, it doesn t allow you to change all settings. This option allows you to enable super low graphics, which aren t currently available by default. And in case you feel like pushing the limits, it ll also allow you to get super high fidelity graphics, at the cost of FPS, of course.
- FPS: Another self-explanatory setting which will allow you to choose the maximum FPS for the game. Always remember, more FPS = more fluidity.
- Anti-aliasing: This setting will allow you to improve the overall graphics of the game, by removing jagged edges from the textures. However, in case you do enable anti-aliasing, remember that it ll take a significant toll on the performance.
- Style: The style setting will allow you to choose from different saturation levels and colors in game. This setting is purely cosmetic and won t have a positive or negative impact on the performance.
- Shadows: With this setting you ll be able to enable or disable the shadows in game. While disabling shadows will definitely improve overall performance, you might face problems spotting sneaky campers in game. You be the judge.
- Graphics API: Choose from one of the three available graphics APIs, namely OpenGL 2.0, Open GL3.1, and Vulkan. In case you have a device running Android 7.0 or higher, then the Vulkan Graphics API is the one to go for. However, in case you have an older device, you d have to go with one of the other two. Go ahead and test both of the APIs and see what works best on your device.
Time to Get That Chicken Dinner!
To get that chicken dinner, use these 20 cool PUBG Mobile tips and tricks.