Although gaming on a Chromebook is not its strong suit, lately, things have been getting better there as well. For some Chromebooks, Google just introduced the Borealis container for Steam gaming. In addition, a variety of games, like Albion Online on a Chromebook, may be played through the Linux container. Not to mention, Chromebooks with ARM processors may now run Minecraft Java Edition. And if you’re running low on new games to play, we’ve got a thorough tutorial on setting up and running the wildly popular rhythm game Friday Night Funkin on your Chromebook. On school Chromebooks, the game can be played with the Chrome browser. In light of that, let’s examine how to download Friday Night Funkin and install it on a Chromebook.
Install Friday Night Funkin on a Chromebook (2022)
Two simple methods to play Friday Night Funkin on your Chromebook are discussed in this guide. While the second approach enables you to install the game natively, the first method enables you to run FNF even on Chromebooks provided by the school. To access any area, expand the table below.
Play Friday Night Funkin Using Browser on a Chromebook
You can play Friday Night Funkin on your Chromebook in the Chrome browser because it’s free and open-source. This implies that, unless your school administrator has added some further restrictions on web content, even people using school Chromebooks can play Friday Night Funkin without any restrictions. After said that, let’s move on to learning how to install and use FNF on a Chromebook.
1. Go to the thisitch.io link by opening the Chrome browser on your Chromebook. You can also open an alternative website if the itch.io connection is broken.
You must look for unblocked FNF websites if your school administrator has restricted access to gaming websites like itch.io or its substitutes on your Chromebook. However, we advise against doing so as some of the unblocked websites could cause the installation of harmful apps or programmes on your computer, stealing your personal information. At your own risk, look for these unblocked Friday Night Funkin websites.
2. The resources for FNF will now begin loading in your browser as soon as you click Run Game. It could take a minute or two, depending on your internet speed.
3. The Friday Night Funkin can now be played without any problems on your Chromebook. The FPS on my Chromebook with an 8th generation Intel i5 was approximately 61FPS, which is respectable. Go to the next section if you wish to install the game and play it directly.
Install Friday Night Funkin on a Chromebook Through Linux
Install Friday Night Funkin using the Linux container on your Chromebook if you prefer greater performance over playing the game in a browser. Here’s how you approach it.
Open this URL in Chrome and click on it first.
Just send me to the downloads, please. Since the game is donationware, you can help the creator by making a contribution on the website.
2. Download the 64-bit Linux ZIPfile from the following website.
3. If you haven’t already, install Linux on your Chromebook while the ZIP file is downloading.
4. Next, navigate to the Downloads folder in the Chromebook’s Files app. The FNF ZIP file should now be moved to the Linux files area.
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y
5. Next, access the App Drawer and launch the Terminal app. Run the command shown below to update the Linux container to the most recent version. You can rapidly paste the command by just copying it and then right-clicking on the Terminal window.
6. Next, use the command below to unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
chmod 755 Funkin
7. Next, run the command below to grant the game all the necessary permissions.
8. Once you’ve finished, use the command shown below to launch Friday Night Funkin on your Chromebook. Run the second command if you have a powerful Chromebook and want to play the game at a higher frame rate.
Create a Shortcut for Friday Night Funkin on Chromebook
It’s time to build a shortcut so you can open Friday Night Funkin without using Terminal commands now that you have successfully installed the game on your Chromebook. The steps are as follows:
sudo apt install menulibre -y menulibre
9. Launch the Terminal and issue the commands listed below one at a time to install and launch MenuLibre.
10. In the MenuLibre software, select Add Launcher by clicking the + button in the top menu bar.
11. Next, click on the folder icon next to Command in the Application Details section of the right pane.
12. A fresh tab will appear. Here, selectFunkin in the right pane after moving toHomefrom the left sidebar. Click OK in the top-right corner to continue.
13. After that, enter the game’s name in the New Launcher textbox in the right pane to make it easier to find it. Instead of Friday Night Funkin, I entered FNF. After that, simply click the Save button in the top menu to finish.
Play Friday Night Funkin Even on School Chromebooks
14. After closing MenuLibre, access the App Drawer. Moreover, locate the newly formed FNF shortcut by opening the Linux apps folder. The game will start playing as soon as you click the FNF symbol on your Chromebook.