Because Xiaomi chose a Mediatek processor this time, many were concerned about the Redmi Note 8 Pro’s GCam support. All concerns have been dispelled, though, thanks to wyroczen, a developer who created a totally reliable GCam for the Redmi Note 8 Pro. It operates flawlessly and without any buffer or crash issues. Thus, we provide the reliable Google Camera APK for Redmi Note 8 Pro in this article along with a step-by-step installation tutorial. So let’s begin without further ado.
Install GCam on Redmi Note 8 Pro
1. The work of wyroczen has made it possible for us to use Google Camera on the Redmi Note 8 Pro without any issues. You can visit this link to download the GCam APK. Download the XML configuration file from here as well. Both of these files are required.
2. At this point, instal the APK. If Android refuses to let you instal something, go to Settings and turn on the setting for untrusted sources.
3. After the installation, locate the XML file in the file manager by opening it. Move the XML file to your internal storage and then put it into the gcam -> configs folder.
Note:If you can’t find the gcam folder, make one and rename it to gcam. Then make a folder called configs within.
4. Open Google Camera now, and then double-tap anywhere on the black bar surrounding the shutter button. There will be a dialogue box. Choose from the drop-down option the XML configuration file you just transferred into internal storage. The correct spelling is wyroczen rn8pro 3.xml. Tap the Restore button to finish.
5. Google Camera is now completely usable on the Redmi Note 8 Pro. Since HDR+ is already in the enhanced mode, you don’t need to fiddle with the settings any further. The nicest part is that all three cameras—including those with wide-angle and macro lenses—perform flawlessly. Here are a couple pictures captured with the GCam app on the Redmi Note 8 Pro.
SEE ALSO: How to Install Google Camera 7.0 (GCam) [Astrophotography Mode] on Any Android Device
Enjoy GCam Niceties on Mediatek-powered Redmi Note 8 Pro
So there you have it, a simple tutorial for installing and using Google Camera on the Redmi Note 8 Pro. The Google Camera Mod is currently based on version 6.1, however a stable 7.2 build may be available shortly. Therefore, keep checking back with us since we will always be the first to offer you the most reliable GCam for your device. That’s all we have to say, though. Please leave a comment below to share your experience if the GCam APK installed and operated without a hitch on your Redmi Note 8 Pro.