While there is no shortage of pre-made GIFs, personalised messaging works better with unique GIFs. On your iOS device, you may make a range of GIFs by keeping in mind various themes. These GIFs can help you communicate your emotions in a humorous way or make those around you laugh a lot. If you believe that creating a GIF on an iPhone or iPad would take a lot of time, allow me to assure you that it has never been so simple. The four most efficient ways to make a GIF on iOS in 2022 are listed below.
4 Ways to Create a GIF on iPhone and iPad (2022)
The Photos app can do the trick for you if all you need is a handy GIF converter that enables you to turn your Live Photos into GIFs. There are a few fairly clever shortcuts that you can try to convert your photographs or movies into GIFs on your iPhone if you require a little bit more powerful GIF producers. However, you should try out GIF creation programmes if you want to produce professional-grade GIFs that will help you draw more attention on social networking sites. With that said, it is now time to investigate each technique to choose which one best suits your preferences.
Convert Live Photos into GIFs on iPhone or iPad
On your iPhone and iPad, you can turn Live Images into GIFs using the stock photos app. For those who don’t know, a lengthy push activates Live Photo, a 3-second moving image. It works with iPhone 6s and later models, iPad 5, iPad Air 3, iPad Mini 5, and iPad Pro 2016 and later models.
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad, then find the Live Photo you want to transform into a GIF from there. The Live Photo icon is located in the top right corner of the Camera app. You may also simply start the app. Take a Live Photo after that.
2. Click the Albums symbol in the bottom-left corner. Next, go to the Media Types section and select Live Photos.
3. After that, pick the picture you wish to turn into a GIF. Next, swipe up to show additional effects on the live photo.
- In iOS 15 or later, tap on the tiny arrow next to the Live button to access the effects. Now, either choose Loop or Bounce to transform your Live Photo into a GIF.
- While Loop allows you to repeat the animation forever, Bounce lets you play the live photo forward and backward over and over again.
That’s you! This is how you may share or transmit Live Photos as GIFs with this hack. It’s interesting to note that you may use a GIF as your iPhone’s live wallpaper. Visit this practical guide to learn how to do this fantastic trick.
Make GIFs from Burst Photos Using Convert Burst to GIF Shortcut on iOS/iPadOS
Why not make GIFs out of your bust photos? You may create an animated GIF from your burst shots using a clever shortcut. Furthermore, it requires no further tweaking and works flawlessly.
1. Get the Convert Burst to GIF shortcut (download) on your device before anything else.
2. Next, execute the Convert Burst to GIF shortcut in the Apple Shortcuts app.
3. The shortcut will then display groups of your burst photos.
Select the desired shot, and then let the Shortcut combine all of these images into a GIF.
Convert a Video into GIF on iPhone and iPad Using Video to GIF Shortcut
4. After that, click Share in the top right corner of the screen. Now you can choose to either share the GIF or store it in your photo library. All you need to do is what’s required.
Try out the Video to GIF shortcut if you’d want to convert your video clips into GIFs. Since the shortcut is already predefined, there is no need to modify it.
1. To begin, download the Video to GIF shortcut to your device.
2. Next, launch the shortcuts app and select Video to GIF.
Try the Best GIF Maker Apps for iPhone and iPad
3. The shortcut will then display a collection of videos you may use to create GIFs. Select the desired video clip now. You’d be asked to shorten the clip if the chosen video was too long. After that, click Store and save or share the GIF as desired.
You need a powerful GIF editor with a wide range of filters and effects if you want to make more visually pleasing GIFs. The following applications can help you with this.
Look no farther than GIPHY if you want to create fun animated GIFs on your iPhone or iPad or if you want to have access to a sizable library of GIFs. To record a brief clip, simply tap the + Create button in the top right corner and then touch and hold the shutter button. orpress the shutter to take a picture. After that, you may embellish your GIFs with a range of effects, a trimming tool, and even stickers. Share your GIF or publish it to GIPHY once that’s finished.
Additionally, GIPHY is a compatible iMessage app, so you can effortlessly share your personal GIFs in iMessage discussions. Alternatively, you can distribute them by copying and pasting them into WhatsApp chats. It’s really neat.
2. GIF Maker: Meme GIF Creator
GIF Maker, which bills itself as the best GIF creator for iPhone and iPad, has a wealth of features and a variety of editing tools for making catchy GIFs. It is very useful for creating GIFs from images and movies. Making original GIFs shouldn’t be difficult with all the filters, effects, and stickers available. Although this GIF generating app is free, you must upgrade for $9.99/month to access all the extras.
3. GIF Maker: Video to GIF Maker
Install: ($9.99/month, free)
This one can meet your expectations in terms of functionality and use. The robust GIF editor in this GIF creator, which includes a number of tools to help you create animated graphics to your heart’s content, is what drew my attention. Additionally, you may use it to create magnificent animated pictures by adding more than 100 photographs. Remember that there are restrictions on the freemium version. Thus, you must pay $9.99/month if you want to use all the editing tools and filters.
Quick Ways to Make Animated GIFs on iOS and iPadOS
Install: ($0.99/month for the premium version; free)