Without having to personally contact everyone, group chats offer a practical way to share and receive messages, videos, and even audio and video conversations. Like the majority of social media sites, Snapchat offers group chats. Additionally, we’ll look at how to start a group chat on Snapchat in this tutorial.
Make a Group Chat on Snapchat (2022)
How to Create Group on Snapchat
1. Launch Snapchat and select the Chat tab from the bottom menu. the bottom-right corner of the screen, tap the Chat floating action button. To begin the process of creating a group, tap on New Group now.
2. Select the individuals you want to include in your group and touch the Chat with Group option.
3. Tap the New Group option with the pencil icon at the top of the screen to give your Snapchat group chat a name.
4. That is all. You’ve successfully made a Snapchat group that you can use to communicate with your friends and send them Snaps.
How to Manage a Snapchat Group Chat
Snapchat does not offer group creators more authority than standard messaging services do. Even if you are the Snapchat group’s creator, you are unable to delete the group or remove any members from it. After setup, here are some management options for your Snapchat group:
Add New Members to a Snapchat Group
There are two ways to invite new members to your Snapchat group: either by adding them directly from your contacts list or by sending them an invite link. Let’s find out how each of these approaches functions right now:
1. To add a member from your contacts list, tap the profile icon to enter group settings, then tap Add Members. Next, select the desired contacts from the list that appears.
2. You can also invite friends and relatives to the group by sending them a link. Here is how it functions. Tap Invite Via Link in the Snapchat group settings window after opening it, then tap Invite. Next, distribute the Snapchat group chat invite link using your preferred messaging service, such as WhatsApp.
Mute Notifications in Snapchat Group
1. You can select to silence message notifications in the Snapchat group if you feel overrun by their frequency. Select Message Notifications from the vertical three-dot menu in the top right corner of the group settings page.
2. You can opt to silence all of the messages or enable notifications for all untagged messages (also known as mentions) in this section. Choose the best setting for your needs, and you’re good to go.
How to Leave Snapchat Group Chat
Feeling excluded from a certain Snapchat group chat? How to depart it is as follows:
Select Leave Group from the pop-up menu in the Snapchat group settings by tapping the vertical menu with three dots in the upper right corner. When you quit the group, all of your previous snaps and chats are automatically deleted.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you kick someone out of a Snapchat group?
Unfortunately, even if you created the group, Snapchat does not allow you to remove group members. In order to get rid of someone from your Snapchat group chat, you will need to either ask them to quit or create a new group without them.
How many individuals can I include in a Snapchat group?
You may add up to 100 individuals to a single Snapchat group, according to a support post from Snapchat.
How can a Snapchat group be deleted?
A direct group deletion option is not available on Snapchat. You have the option to leave a group if you no longer want to be a part of it. In this guide, we’ve included instructions on how to leave a Snapchat group.
Add Friends to Group Chat on Snapchat
Snapchat’s group conversations make it simple to share Snaps and keep in touch with your friends. We sincerely hope that our introduction to Snapchat helps you create a new group chat in the app if you are a first-time user. Check out our tutorials on getting your Snapchat score and changing your Snapchat username while you’re at it. Additionally, feel free to ask us any questions in the comments section below.