In late 2020, Snapchat opened up access to its public profile feature to all users in an effort to entice burgeoning artists. Users have the opportunity to increase their platform following and connect with more people thanks to the functionality. Here’s how in three simple steps you can change from a private profile to a public one if you’re a creator who wants to start publishing frequently on Snapchat. Along with the procedure, we have outlined what exactly Snapchat public accounts are as well as the requirements for obtaining one. So let’s get started straight now without further ado.
Create and Manage Public Profile on Snapchat (2022)
What is a Public Profile in Snapchat?
A public profile in Snapchat helps your account reach a wider audience, as the name says. You can customise your profile with a public profile by adding a photo, bio, description, location, Stories, and Lenses. Additionally, other Snapchat users can follow your profile. Yes, in addition to the Snapchat friends you have added to your profile, you will also see a separate subscriber count.
According to the company’s support page, having a public profile gives users access to a special set of profile features that enable you to show off your creativity and attract a large audience for your work.
Prior to being made available to everyone, public profiles were only available to a small number of verified creators. For established producers, Snapchat still offers the Creator Account type. To qualify, you must meet a few requirements, such as having at least 100 subscribers, a week-old account, and a buddy.
Requirements to Get a Snapchat Public Profile
In order to proceed with setting up your public Snapchat profile, you must first meet the following requirements:
- The most basic and important prerequisite to making a public profile is that you need to be 18 years and older to opt-in for this feature.
- Should be a Snapchat user for more than 24 hours
- You need to have at least 1 bi-directional friend, which means you and your friend have sent each other a friend request and accepted it. At least have one friend on Snapchat to make a public profile.
- You also need to adhere to the company s Community Guidelines, which is but obvious.
How to Create Snapchat Public Profile
1. Launch the Snapchat application, then tap the Bitmoji icon in the top-left corner of the display. When your profile opens, select Add to Spotlight from the Spotlight & Snap Map area by tapping the horizontal three-dot menu.
2. On the onboarding screen, pick Create Public Profile from the pop-up menu and hit Continue.
3. Next, click Create from the confirmation banner after selecting Get Started. The banner emphasises that any of your Snaps that you upload to Snap Map or Spotlight will display your name. Your public profile will also display your Lenses.
4. You’re now ready to go. Your public profile is accessible through the Public Profiles section. The Stories and Spotlight tabs are displayed when you open the My Public Profile section, as shown in the screenshot below.
How to Delete Snapchat Public Profile
You have the option to erase your Snapchat public profile if you no longer want to have one. Follow these steps to do that:
1. Start by clicking your Bitmoji icon in the top left corner of the page to access your profile. Go to My Public Profile after that. You must tap the Settings gear icon in the top-right corner of this screen.
2. On the profile settings page, click the Delete Public Profile button at the bottom of the page and then press Delete when prompted for confirmation. The end of that. You will be successful in getting rid of your public profile on this transitory messaging system.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why am I unable to create a Snapchat public profile?
Before you can make a public profile on Snapchat, you must first fulfil a few prerequisites. If you are under 18, have only used Snapchat for 24 hours, have less than 1 bi-directional buddy (you follow each other), or don’t respect the community rules, you can’t create a Snapchat public profile.
The public may see Snapchat’s subscription numbers, right?
The public will only be able to see your subscriber count if you reach 100,000 on Snapchat, while you can view it as soon as you create a public profile. The number of subscribers will automatically show up on your public profile, but you have the choice to set its visibility on or off.
Q. If I examine someone’s public Snapchat profile, can they see?
No, is the response. The user is not informed when their Snapchat profile is opened to verify their username, subscriber count, lenses, or previous Stories. You can freely and at your own speed browse through their profile’s content without having to worry about getting called out for it.
Switch to Public Profile on Snapchat
Your discoverability and engagement will increase when you make your Snapchat account a public profile, which has its own set of advantages. We sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you if you struggled to understand how to make your Snapchat account public. If you’re brand-new to Snapchat, be sure to read our guidelines on changing your username and deactivating your account.