Many customers are searching for methods to remove the iOS 15 beta profile from their iPhone so they can return to the non-beta version of the operating system now that iOS 15 is official. Beta testing doesn’t appear to be as interesting now that the majority of key features, like Focus Mode and Notification Summary, are currently available to users. So, here’s how to delete the iOS 15 beta profile from your compatible iPhone if you no longer want to cope with iOS 15 bugs and other concerns. The iPadOS 15 beta profile can be removed from your iPad using the same procedure.
How to Uninstall iOS 15 Beta Profile from iPhone (2021)
You can delete the iOS 15 beta profile from your iPhone in two different methods. Deleting the beta software profile and waiting for the subsequent stable iOS 15 release is the best course of action. It is more practical and eliminates the need to wipe your device’s data. Additionally, it is not necessary for you to connect your gadget to the computer.
However, you should use the second option, the restore technique, if you are impatient to return to the non-beta version and don’t mind wiping your data. Remember that the backup won’t function with iOS versions prior to 15 if you back up your iOS 15-powered iPhone to iCloud or your computer. You won’t be able to restore the backup you created while running iOS 15 beta, for example, if you downgrade to iOS 14 from iOS 15 beta. Due to the necessity to restore from a backup you had created before installing the beta profile, recent data loss will ensue.
After that, select your preferred method from the table below and upgrade to iOS 15’s stable version.
Remove iOS 15 Beta Profile from iPhone Without Computer
I’ll reiterate that using this technique will enable you to uninstall the iOS 15 beta software profile from your iPhone. After that, returning to the non-beta version will need you to wait until the following official iOS release. On the other hand, this approach is simple and doesn’t damage your data. Let’s begin, then:
1. Open the iPhone’s Settings app and select General.
2. Next, select VPN & Device Management by scrolling down.
3. Click iOS 15 Beta Software Profile from the Configuration Profile section.
4. Restart your iPhone after selecting Remove from the pop-up menu and tapping on the Remove Profile option.
The end! Your iPhone’s iOS 15 beta profile has been successfully removed. Wait until the release of iOS 15’s subsequent public update. You will be notified when the stable version of the software is available (Settings -> General -> Software Update).
Remove iOS 15 Beta Profile from Your iPhone Using Computer
By restoring your iPhone, you can remove the iOS 15 beta profile if you don’t want to wait for a software update. You should be aware that doing so may wipe your entire device clean and prevent you from accessing any data backups you may have created while using the beta. So, proceed with this technique while keeping these crucial considerations in mind. Having said that, let’s examine the steps:
1. Put your iPhone in recovery mode by connecting it to your computer.
- iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then, make sure to hold down the side button until your device goes into recovery mode.
- iPhone 7/ iPhone 7 Plus: Hold down the Sleep/Wake and volume down buttons at the same time. Make sure not to release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Continue to press and hold the buttons until the recovery mode screen shows up.
- iPhone 6s/ iPhone 6s Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously. Be sure not to release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Make sure to hold down both buttons until the recovery mode screen appears.
2. When the Restore option appears, click it. Remember that it will remove all of the data from your iPhone and install the most recent, non-beta version of iOS 15.
3. Next, watch for the restoration to be completed. Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted to turn off the Activation Lock.
After the restoration is complete, proceed to setup your device using the archived backup, which must be from a previous iOS or iPadOS version.
Please allow the download to complete if it takes longer than 15 minutes and your iPhone quits the recovery mode screen. Put your smartphone into recovery mode after that, and proceed as before.
Remove iOS 15 Beta Software and Switch to Official Version on iPhone
You can now remove the beta software from your iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 devices in the same manner. As I already mentioned, the first approach is really straightforward and doesn’t call for you to erase your iPhone’s data or connect it to a computer. Choosing the first option will ensure a quick and simple solution. The restore procedure is always available if you need it. So, do you still have any queries or reservations? If so, please share them in the comments box below, and we’ll do our best to assist you.