Two areas make up the redesigned, centred Start Menu in Windows 11. The recommended part is in the bottom half, and the top half shows shortcuts for pinned apps. The latter displays recent files and provides suggestions for other PC-installed software. However, you now have the choice to completely eliminate the Recommended section if you find it bothersome and superfluous. The removal of the Recommended area from the Windows 11 Start Menu will be covered in this tutorial.
Remove Recommended Section from Windows 11 Start Menu (Updated April 2022)
In this guide, we’ve covered a quick way to get rid of the Recommended area from the Windows 11 Start menu. We’ve also given instructions on how to make Recommended items take up less space and stop recently added apps from appearing in the Recommended area. Expand the table below to access the tutorial of your choice.
Method 1: Remove Recommended Section on Windows 11 with Explorer Patcher
You may now completely delete the Recommended area from the Windows 11 Start menu thanks to the most recent version of Explorer Patcher. The best aspect is that using it is totally free. Previously, we had utilised Explorer Patcher to set the Windows 11 Taskbar icons to Never Combine, and it has once again saved the day. This is the procedure.
1. Use this GitHub link to download the most recent stable version of Explorer Patcher. Run the programme after that to witness how the Windows 11 Taskbar transforms into one that resembles Windows 10. Right-click the Taskbar again to enter the Properties menu. The properties of Explorer Patcher will be displayed.
3. Next, click the Disable the Recommended section toggle in the Start menu area of the left sidebar. Finally, in the bottom-left corner, select Restart File Explorer.
4. Once Windows 11 is open, you will notice that the Recommended area has been eliminated. You can add more apps to the Start menu so that your favourite pinned apps take up the entire section. That’s pretty fantastic, no?
Method 2: Reduce Recommended Section Area and Add More Pins
You can select a Start menu layout where the Recommended area is reduced to just one row and more space is available for pinned apps if you are running the Windows 11 Dev release (22509 or later; December 1, 2021). When installing Windows 11, I always switch the layout because it is one of the best hidden features.
In this manner, you can increase the available space on the Start menu without using a third-party software. Insiders can access the functionality right now in the Dev channel, but it will soon also be accessible in the Stable channel. Then, everyone can lower the Recommended section area on their Windows 11 PC by following the instructions below.
1. To access the Settings, first hit the Windows + I shortcut. Go to Personalization in the left sidebar now, and then click Start in the right pane.
2. Select the More pins arrangement here.
3. Open the Start menu on Windows 11 now, and you’ll see that there are more rows available for pinned programmes. There is only one row left in the Recommended section area.
Method 3: Remove Recommended Items Through Windows Settings
Using the Settings menu, you can delete the Recommended area from the Start Menu. Here’s how to accomplish that with just two clicks:
- Open Settings using the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut Win + I. Then, click on Personalization on the left sidebar, and select Start on the right pane.
- Now, turn off the toggle next to Show recently opened items in Start, Jump Lists, and File Explorer . You can also disable the Show recently added apps option to get an even cleaner Start Menu experience in Windows 11.
Removing your favourite websites from the Taskbar jump-lists for your browser by disabling recently opened items may cause inconvenience for some users.
Method 4: Remove Recommended Items From Start Menu
Another option is to individually delete each Recommended item from the Start Menu. Here’s how to go about it:
- Open the Start Menu either by clicking on the Start Button or hitting the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Now, right-click on the unwanted item and select Remove from list . If it is an app that you are trying to remove, you can also click the Uninstall button. But this will remove the app from your device for good, and you can no longer access it.
Easily Remove the Recommended Section From the Start Menu!
You can see that it is simple to remove the Recommended area from the Start Menu in Windows 11. In addition, you may use our linked instructions to further modify the Windows 11 Start Menu experience. Following your upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, you can use some of our other guides to discover how to get rid of other annoyances. If you are a gamer, you should disable mouse acceleration on your PC and remove advertisements from your Windows computer. Learn how to get the old Windows 10-style Start Menu in Windows 11 if you don’t like the new, centred Windows 11 Start Menu. Let us know in the comments section if you have any further issues with Microsoft’s new desktop operating system, and we will do our best to resolve them.