Although Chrome OS may not function in the same ways as other complex desktop operating systems, its core features are very similar. On your Chromebook, you can use a keyboard shortcut to quickly take screenshots, just like on Windows. Apart from that, you can easily adjust the settings on your Chromebook to enable the Caps Lock key. The procedures for right-clicking on Chromebooks are the same as those for Windows and Mac. Read the detailed instructions as we have described two ways to right-click on a Chromebook.
Right-Click on Chromebook (2022)
With just the touchpad or both the keyboard and the touchpad, you may easily access the right-click menu on your Chromebook. You can enlarge the table below to see how both of these approaches function.
Right-click on Your Chromebook Using Touchpad
On Chromebooks, you must first determine whether the tap-to-click capability is turned on before you can conduct a right-click. Following that, right-click on your computer using the touchpad by following these steps:
1. Start by selecting Settings from the Quick Settings menu in the bottom right.
2. Next, go to Device -> Touchpad and determine whether or not Enable tap-to-clicktoggle is turned on. If it’s enabled, move on to the following step to discover how Chrome OS handles right-clicking.
3. Now that it is out of the way, using two fingers, tap the touchpad on your Chromebook to do a right-click. Additionally, by using two fingers to press the touchpad, the right-click menu will appear.
Right-click on Your Chromebook Using Keyboard
Besides that, you may also right-click on your Chromebook using the keyboard. To right-click, just hit and hold the Alt key on the keyboard and tap the touchpad with one finger. Now, you’ll be able to tell if the right-click was successful if a pop-up menu appears on your screen.
How to Disable Tap-to-Click on Your Chromebook
Some traditional users prefer to click rather than just tap on the touchpad. Fortunately, there is a way to disable this with Chrome OS. Disabling it also helps when the active window switches to another one as a result of an accidently touched touchpad. You can turn off tap-to-click to avoid such situations.
1. Click the bottom-right corner to reveal the Quick Settings window. Click the gear icon to access the Settings page.
2. After that, open Touchpad from the Device Settings menu on the left pane.
3. Disable Tap-to-click here, and you’re all set. You must now press the touchpad firmly with two fingers in order to access the Chromebook’s right-click menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
Right-clicking on a Chromebook: What to do?
On your Chromebook, just tap the touchpad with two fingers to get the right-click menu.
How do I use the keyboard to right-click on a Chromebook?
On the keyboard, hold down the Alt key while using one finger to tap the touchpad. The right-click menu will appear immediately away as a result.
How can tap to click be turned off on a Chromebook?
Go to Device -> Touchpad on your Chromebook’s Settings page. Disable the tap-to-click toggle here.
Open the Right-click Menu on Your Chromebook
These two methods are how Chrome OS users can access the right-click menu. If you have a motor handicap, you can turn on Automatic Clicks on your Chromebook to have the button be clicked for you when you hover over it. One of Chrome OS’s best accessibility features is unquestionably this. In any case, feel free to ask any questions in the comments below.