Contrary to other messaging services, Snapchat makes it more difficult than it should be to preserve a video that someone has sent you. There is a time limit on the Snapchat films and photographs you can share. You only have a small window, possibly as little as 10, to view the Snap as a result. However, you can preserve the image or video within Snapchat or in your camera roll if you want to prolong the life of the content you send or receive. To download Snapchat videos to your iPhone or Android phone, you can use a handful of the techniques we’ve described. If you’re interested in finding out how to store Snapchat videos, keep reading.
Save Snapchat Videos (2022)
How to Save Your Own Snapchat Videos Before Sharing Them
1. To record a video on Snapchat, long-press the record button and wait for the preview screen to display. In the bottom-left corner of the preview screen, hit the Save button.
2. Your video will now be kept by Snapchat in the app’s Memories area under Snaps. Tap the card symbol on the camera interface, which is located next to the shutter button, to access Memories.
3. Long-press the video you saved, and then from the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen, choose Export. Next, tap the Download option to save the Snapchat video to your phone’s photo gallery when the sharing sheet displays. However, you may set up and use the My Eyes Only function in Snapchat if you wish to conceal photographs and videos from prying friends or family members.
How to Save Snapchat Videos from Your Own Story
You can also find a way to download a video that you uploaded to your Story. To understand how that operates, adhere to these steps:
1. Tap the Bitmoji icon in the top-left corner of the screen to access your profile page. Then click the menu icon with a horizontal three-dot menu next to the My Story header. Select Save Story from the bottom pop-up window when it appears.
2. A notification alerting you that Snapchat will save the entire Story to your Memories will then appear. To confirm, press Yes. All of your Stories will be saved using this technique under the Memories area. Additionally, you can choose to save particular stories.
3. To save a specific story, tap on it on the profile page and swipe up (or hit the vertical three-dot menu symbol) in the top right corner of the screen. After that, click Save in the lower left corner.
4. As was already said, you may now long-press the movie that was saved to Memories and select the Export button. To save the Snapchat video to your camera roll, tap the Download icon on the sharing sheet.
How to Save Snapchat Videos from Other Users (without Expiration Timer)
You will have the option to keep a Snapchat video if it was delivered to you in a loop, which are videos without an expiration date. The saved video can then be downloaded to your camera roll. This is how it goes:
1. Long-press a video someone sent you, then choose the Chat option to save it. On photographs and movies that are set to play once before sending, you won’t see this choice. As soon as you save a video in a chat, Snapchat notifies the recipient and displays the video for both of you to view in the conversation window.
2. Right-click the saved video once more and choose Save to Camera Roll. Once more, Snapchat will inform the other user that the video has been saved to your camera roll. Your privacy is extremely important to the messaging app, and this feature shows how much effort has been made to protect your private images and videos.
How to Save Snapchat Videos from Other Users (with Expiration Timer)
Snapchat does not, for good reason, allow users to immediately download videos that have been given to them. The only method to keep the films is to record your screen using one of the top screen recording applications or the screen recording feature on your phone. For your convenience, we already offer a thorough tutorial on how to record your screen on an iPhone or iPad on our website.
It’s important to note that if you screen record someone’s video or chat window, they might find out. Therefore, we do not advise recording a video that someone sends you.
Simply begin the screen recording before opening the Snapchat video you received from someone else if you decide to continue. Try this workaround at your own risk because Snapchat will probably warn the other individual.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you save other people s Snap videos?
There isn’t a natural mechanism to download user videos on Snapchat. However, you can instruct the sender to deliver looping videos or decide to record the screen while watching other films. Snapchat offers you the choice to save looping movies directly to your camera roll.
Can you save Snapchat videos without them knowing?
If you are screen recording the video someone sent you on Snapchat, they will typically be notified. You must therefore continue at your own risk. We do not advise saving Snapchat videos that someone has sent you.
How to save a Snapchat video someone sent you?
If someone sends you a video that doesn’t have an expiration date, you can access it in the conversation window by long-pressing on it and choosing the Save in Chat option. After that, you can long-press the video once more and choose Save to Camera Roll.
Can you use Airplane Mode to save Snapchat Videos secretly?
Previously, you could use your iPhone or Android phone’s Airplane mode as a workaround and capture a screenshot of the chat window. Snaps could also be saved without the sender’s knowledge. Snapchat quickly identified this flaw, though, and has now fixed it. So, no, is the response. Airplane mode can no longer be used to covertly save movies or screenshot conversations. When you re-connect to the internet, Snapchat will alert the user.
Save Videos on Snapchat with Ease!
I think that Snapchat made the right choice in terms of privacy when they decided not to include a save button in the movies or photographs that other people send you. Since the messaging app doesn’t yet have a save capability, it continues to be true to its ephemeral nature and the private nature of those recordings. If you want to save the movies or record the screen, you may always ask the sender first. Now, let us know in the comments area below if you have any further questions about how to store Snapchat videos.