One common customization tool that most people use after purchasing a new PC is choosing a desired wallpaper. If you have many displays, it can get a little boring to view the same background on each one. Here’s how to create a different wallpaper for each monitor in Windows 11 if you’ve lately adopted the dual monitor lifestyle or have numerous monitors set up on your desk.
Set Different Wallpapers on Different Monitors in Windows 11 (2022)
Set Wallpaper Per Monitor Using Settings
Switch to the Personalization tab on the left sidebar of Settings by clicking it. Once there, select Background to view the settings for your wallpaper.
2. Select your desired wallpaper by clicking the Browse images icon next to Choose a photo.
3. To set the wallpaper for the first monitor, right-click the image when it displays in the Recent photos tab and select Set for monitor 1.
To set another image as your second monitor’s background, right-click it and select Set for monitor 2. With Windows 11, you’ve been successful in setting a different background for each display.
Set Wallpaper Per Monitor Using Control Panel
- Open the Run dialog box using the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut Win+R and paste the following path:
4. If you’re unsure about the monitor’s number, you may locate it by going to System -> Display and clicking the Identify button. The monitor number will appear in the bottom-left corner of the screen when you click the button.
2. Windows will now display the traditional desktop background settings in Control Panel. To select the folder containing your preferred wallpaper, click Browse.
Use Different Wallpapers Per Monitor in Windows 11
3. To set the wallpaper for the first monitor, right-click on it and select Set for monitor 1. To change the wallpaper on the second monitor, similarly, right-click the second wallpaper and select Set for monitor 2. After that, in Windows 11, click Save changes to set a background for each display.