Without diminishing the useful home screen widgets that may be made with iPhone apps like Widgetsmith, customising for many users begins with a captivating background. However, some people prefer using live wallpaper apps on their iPhones to apply wallpapers that animate on the lock screen with a press rather than a static background. It gives the iPhone lock screen a new dimension. And if you’re anything like me, you’re probably seeking for a quick way to put a GIF as your iPhone’s live wallpaper. If so, allow me to assist you in setting it up right immediately!
Set GIF as a Live Wallpaper on iPhone (2022)
When you long-press an aLive Photo (a 3-second moving image) set as your iPhone’s wallpaper, it animates on the lock screen. GIFs, on the other hand, are different since iOS immediately turns them into still images before setting them as wallpaper. To preserve the animation, we will first turn a GIF into a live wallpaper using a third-party programme.
The device compatibility is an additional consideration. On the iPhone 6s and after, iPad 5 and later, iPad Air 3 and later, iPad mini 5 and later, and iPad Pro 2016 and later, Live Photos are supported. Therefore, before continuing, check sure your device is compatible with this feature.
Use App to Convert GIF into Live Wallpaper on iPhone
Install the PicCollage sConvert GIF and Live Wallpaper app (Free) on your iPhone first by going to the App Store. Launch the application after that, then select the GIF tab and import the appropriate GIF from your photo library.
2. After removing any unnecessary pieces using the trimming tool, touch the download button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Next, choose the Live Photo option under the Save as section from the pop-up that opens. Next, choose “High resolution” and press the “Save” button. Your GIF will now be transformed into a live photo, which you can then set as your iPhone’s background.
3. Next, locate the Live Photo you just saved in the Photos app on your iPhone. Alternately, select the Live Photosalbum under the Albums menu. Next, select Use as Wallpaper from the sharing sheet by tapping the Share icon in the bottom left corner.
4. Select Set As Lock Screen, Set As Home Screen, or Set Both from the menu that appears on the following screen by tapping the Set button in the bottom right corner.
So there you have it, then! When you hold down a long press on your iPhone screen, the GIF you set as the live wallpaper will now animate on the lock screen. Here you can see how the animated wallpaper appears on the lock screen:
Use GIPHY to Set GIF as Live Wallpaper on iPhone
If you enjoy GIFs, you probably want access to a large selection of animated pictures. In this method, you may browse popular GIFs and immediately select a favourite as your iPhone’s live wallpaper.
You need look no further than GIPHY for this specific use. The app not only provides a tonne of GIFs but also allows you to change an animated picture into a Live Photo. This implies that you can use it on your device as a live wallpaper after that. You may modify your iOS lock/home screen without spending any money because the software is free to download.
1. To begin, download the GIPHY app on your iPhone for free (supported on iOS 13 and later). Then, open the app and look for the GIF you want to use as your iOS device’s live wallpaper. I suggest using a vertical GIF to make sure the background looks good.
2. When you’ve located the GIF you want, open it and hit the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Then, from the pop-up menu, select the Convert to Live Photo option.
4. The following two choices are:
- Save As Live Photo (Full Screen): It will crop the GIF to ensure it covers the entire display of your iPhone.
- Save as Live Photo (Fit to Screen): It will add back bars to the GIF to cover the screen when converting it to a Live Photo.
5. After choosing the desired choice, choose Save to Camera Roll from the pop-up menu.
6. Next, open the Photos app, find the Live Photo you just saved (Albums tab -> Live Photos), and then tap the Share option. Select Use as Wallpaper from the share sheet after that.
6. Next, hit Set in the bottom right corner of the screen and select whether you want to set the wallpaper for your home screen, lock screen, or both.
The end! You’ve been successful in making a silly GIF your iOS device’s live wallpaper. A simple method for turning a Live Photo into a GIF is also available in the Stock Photos app. I hope it would offer a similar GIF conversion function right now.
Use GIF as a Live Wallpaper on Your iPhone
Our tutorial on using an animated image as a live wallpaper is now complete. Knowing how this method operates has made it possible for you to make the most of it to customise your gadget. Your iPhone deserves a more dynamic lockscreen background, after all. You may change to your preferred wallpaper with the utmost convenience thanks to a clever trick that allows you to change the iPad or iPhone background with only a tap. Do you have any questions or comments concerning this guide, by the way? Please let us know in the comments area below if you answered yes.