One of the most popular games of the year, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has managed to surpass games like Counter Strike: Global Offensive and DOTA 2 in terms of concurrent Steam player count. Despite numerous server-side troubles, the numbers are steadily increasing, and the game recently passed the 2 million peak player mark. If you fall into this category, you’ll undoubtedly find yourself constantly wanting to see the Winner Winner Chicken Dinner on your screen. Since 99 other contestants are battling it out and attempting to survive in the gruelling battle-royale encounter, it might be rather difficult to emerge as the lone victor. So, in order to make things simpler for you guys, we advise using ReShade, a third-party tool. In essence, this programme gives the game a lot more life, and because of the sharpness improvement, adversaries are also easier to see, especially if they’re lying in wait in the grass. Do you want to give it a try? Let’s check out how to configure ReShade in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds now:
Set Up ReShade in PUBG
On my Windows 10 machine, I’ve installed ReShade 3.0.8, the most recent version. Because Brendan PlayerUnknown Greene, the creator of the game, has already said that using ReShade on Twitter is completely acceptable, the programme won’t result in the suspension of your account.
You must first download the third-party programme onto your computer. Simply go to the website’s official page and click the download button to get started. Following these simple steps will allow you to instal and customise ReShade for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds:
- Run the exe file and click on Select game to choose PlayerUnknown s Battlegrounds.
- Now, a file browser will open up that that lets you find the directory of the game s exe file. By default, it s located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64 unless you ve changed the Steam Library folder. Now, select TslGame and click Open .
- Now, you ll have the option to select rendering API on ReShade. Choose Direct3D 10+ .
- The software will now ask you whether you want to download a collection of standard effects from GitHub. Click on Yes . You ll have to wait for a few seconds for download completion.
- This is pretty much the most important step, as here you ll be choosing the effects for ReShade in order to use in the game. For PlayerUnknown s Battlegrounds, we suggest you to enable four effects, namely Clarity, Colourfulness, LumaSharpen and Vibrance. Just check the boxes for these options and leave everything else unchecked. Once done, simply click OK .
- The window will now display that you ve successfully installed ReShade on to TslGame (PlayerUnknown s Battlegrounds).
- Next, you have to run PlayerUnknown s Battlegrounds and once you get into the game s lobby, click Shift + F2 keys to open the ReShade in-game overlay. In order to proceed to the configuration process, simply click on Continue .
- Here, you ll be able to a new ReShade profile. Simply click on the + icon which is indicated by a yellow marker in the screenshot and enter your preferred name for it.
- This is the final step which will show all the effects that you checked while installation. Here, simply check all the boxes to enable the four effects while you re in the game. Once you re done, click on Continue .
As you have successfully installed ReShade, that pretty much sums up the entire procedure. In order to substantially improve visibility and enable you to identify foes more quickly than before, you’ll now notice that colours are more bright and textures are slightly sharper. You can quickly enable or disable ReShade at any time throughout the game by using the Shift + F2keys, just in case you wish to compare the two.
Check Out Our Review Of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, The Best Battle Royale Game To Date
Improve Colors and Visibility in PUBG with ReShade
By default, the colours and crispness of the game don’t really stand out. ReShade’s lighting effects, thankfully, significantly improve on this problem by sharpening the textures and increasing colour vibrancy, allowing gamers to quickly identify opponents. In fact, spotting foes who are prone in grass or shrubs is a little bit easier, which is really important and offers you an advantage in getting that Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. So, before your upcoming PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds encounter, are you guys prepared to check out ReShade? Please share your insightful thoughts regarding this third-party programme in the comments box below to let us know what you think.