The Minecraft worlds are enormous. They are so enormous that you might maybe use Minecraft to make a replica of the Earth. The apparent problem of longer distances in your Minecraft world is brought up by this. You don’t need to worry, though, since the devs have already considered the issue and created a fix. There are numerous ways to teleport in the game of Minecraft, which enables teleportation. And you can find out about them all in this manual. Although the in-game teleportation technology is trustworthy, you need be aware of how to maximise its use. Given that teleportation is all about saving time, let’s learn how to do it in Minecraft right away.
Teleport in Minecraft on Desktop, Console, & Mobile (2022)
To concentrate on various teleportation methods and use situations, we have divided the guide into seven sections. One of our solutions depends on Minecraft mods, thus you need understand how to download and install Forge into Minecraft so that mods may be quickly activated. To conveniently explore each of them, use the table below.
How Does Teleportation Work in Minecraft?
In theory, teleportation in Minecraft functions the same way it does in any other game or in real life. You receive the coordinates X, Y, and Z, where Z denotes latitude, X denotes altitude, and Y denotes elevation (or the vertical distance). Your spawn coordinates on the majority of seeds are 0, Y, 0, and the world forms away from those.
Therefore, essentially speaking, all you need to teleport to your preferred location are the X, Y, and Z coordinates. From there, you can utilise any of our methods listed below.
How to Teleport in Minecraft PC using Command Blocks
Let’s start by examining Windows PCs, the most common teleportation platform in Minecraft. This guide is compatible with the PC versions of Minecraft in both Java and Bedrock.
1. Let’s start by making sure your world is set to the Creative mode. The simplest approach to determine that is to see if there is a health or food bar showing in the HUD. If you have a mod installed, it can appear slightly different from the default appearance. To make it simple for you to identify, here is a screenshot.
2. If you have the creative mode on, it s time to spawn theCommand Block.
You can do so bytyping/give username Minecraft:command_block. It will give you a command block that you can place on the ground.
3. Next,right-click on the Command Block andtype/tp @p [x] [y] [z],where x, y, and z are the coordinates, and you need to input them without any brackets. These will be the coordinates where you want the command block to teleport players. If you want it to teleport you back to spawn, the command will read/tp @p 0 ~ 0. Make sure the third button doesn t say anything related to Redstone and has theAlways Activelabel on it.
Note:If you aren t sure about the coordinates of the location where you want the teleporter to lead. You can go to the location and press theF3key. It will show you thecoordinates of your location. You can then note it down and enter the coordinates in the command block later.
How to Teleport in Minecraft using Custom Commands
4. The command block is best used in online multiplayer scenarios, where you don t want to give everyone unlimited teleportation abilities. Now, all that s left for you to do is to cover the block with a pressure plate. You can get one bypressing Eand searching for the same in your creative inventory.
If you are playing the game on one of thesebest Minecraft seedsamong yourself and your friends, giving everyone the power of unlimited teleportations might be a viable option. If that s the case, Minecraft has in-game commands or cheats to help you teleport. Follow these steps to learn how it works:
For Java Edition:
To get started, make sure cheats are enabled in-game. If you are on an offline server, while in your Minecraft world, press theEsckey and select theSwitch to LANoption. Then, setAllow CheatsasON.
For Bedrock Edition:
Select theSettingstab after pressing theEsckey on your keyboard. Then, under theGamesection, toggle on theActivate Cheatsoption.
Now, for either the Bedrock or Java edition,type/tp @p (x) (y) (z),where x, y, and z (without the brackets) will be the coordinates of the location you want the command block to teleport players to. You can also type in/teleport @p (x) (y) (z)and it will have the same effect.
- @e to teleport the entities present around you
- @r to teleport any random player
- @a to teleport all the players to a specific location
- @p or username to teleport yourself
- @e[type=entity] to teleport specific entities like @e[type=cow] to teleport cows
This command can also be used to teleport in more than one way, and you can learn about moving other players, entities, and more here:
How to Teleport in Minecraft on PS4 or Xbox Console
The /tp command is available on all Minecraft platforms, except the PS3 and Xbox 360. So let s figure out how to teleport in Minecraft on platforms other than a Windows PC.
In general, PC gamers on Minecraft always stay on the better side of features. And teleportation is no different. Console players can only teleport while playing Multiplayer mode in the game. So, if you have a multiplayer world ready, let s quickly learn how to teleport on PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch.
1. Start by going to theGame Optionsof your world from the pause menu. There, make sure thatthe Host Privileges option is turned on.
2. Next, load up your Multiplayer world as you normally would. Then, use theOptionsbutton by pressing the assigned key on your PS4 or Xbox controller to open theHost Menu. Now, selectTeleport to Playerfrom Host Options. This will give you a list of players to choose from, and selecting a username will teleport you to that player s location.
How to Teleport in Minecraft Pocket Edition (MCPE) on Android & iOS
3. If you want to teleport tospecific locations, use the command/tp @p (x) (y) (z),where x, y, and z are the coordinates (without brackets, of course) where you want the command block to teleport players to. You will need to type this command in thechat windowof your Minecraft world.
Moving past powerful machines like Windows PCs and consoles, it s now time to learn how teleportation works in Minecraft PE on mobile devices. This tutorial works on Android, iOS, and iPadOS versions of Minecraft Pocket Edition (MCPE).
1. To begin, open the Minecraft app on your iPhone or Android device and load your world. Then, go to the menu using thePauseoption at the top of your screen.
2. From the pause menu, select theSettingsoptions and switch on theActivate Cheatstoggle under the Game settings. After that, you can go back to your game to start teleporting.
3. In your world, click on thechaticon from the top of your display.
How to Teleport Someone Else to Your Location in Minecraft
4. Once it opens, type/tp username (x) (y) (z),where x, y, and z will be the coordinates where you want the command block to teleport players. Tap on thesend messagebutton to teleport to your desired coordinates.
As long as you know the other player s username, the process to teleport them to your location is simple. Follow the steps below to see how it works:
1. The easiest option would be to type/tp Friend s Username @sin the chat. It will teleport your friend to your current location.
2. You can also check your current coordinates bypressing F3(Java-exclusive). Then, use those coordinates to teleport your friend using the command/tp friend s Username (x) (y) (z). Here, x, y, and z (without any brackets) will be your current coordinates, to the location you are at.
How to Teleport in Minecraft Using Mods
3. Finally, if you have cheats enabled for the whole server, your friends can teleport themselves to you. They can use the command/tp username1 username2, where a player with username1 will be teleported to the player with username2 s location. You can also use this command to teleport yourself to another player too.
Yeah, Minecraft has plenty of options when it comes to teleportation, and we haven t even covered the one we are meant to use most often. Before that, though, let s figure out how to use a Minecraft mod to teleport. Do note that mods only work inMinecraftJava edition and not Bedrock. If you wish to check otherbest Minecraft mods, we have a curated list linked here. With that said, let s check out one of the most popular teleportation mods in Minecraft.
1. There are tons of Minecraft teleportation mods to choose from, but we are going for the fan-favorite Teleport++ mod. You can download its.jarfile fromForgeusing the attached link. It s compatible with the1.16.5version of the game and was last updated in February 2021.
2. Once you have downloaded the mod .jar file, copy it to theMods folder,located at%appdata%\.minecraft\mods. You can also copy and paste the location in theRun prompt(Win + R) to quickly open the Minecraft Mods directory.
3. Now, load your Minecraft world, and Forge will automatically run the teleportation mod. Here, you will notice the game has 3 new items in-game that you can use to teleport. There s apersonal teleporterthat you can use to teleport back to any given area within 90 seconds of placing that teleporter. It s similar toYoru s abilities from the game Valorant.
How to Teleport with Ender Pearl in Minecraft
You also get a Teleporter machine that you can place throughout the map to make multiple teleportation spots for you and your friends to use at any time. The recipes to make all of them are available on the mod s download page.
Ultimately, ender pearls are the best way to teleport in Minecraft survival or hardcore mode with no external support. Here s how to use an ender pearl for teleportation:
1. First, get an ender pearl bykilling an Enderman. It has a 50% drop-date of Ender pearl on dying. Otherwise, you can also get an ender pearl by trading withexpert-level cleric villagersor the Piglins, but that might take you some extra steps.
2. Whether by trading or by violence, you are all set to teleport after getting the ender pearl. You just need tothrow the pearlby clicking towards any location on your site to get teleported there.
Quickly Teleport Anywhere in Minecraft
3. As you get teleported, the ender pearl is consumed, and you also receive a 5 point fall damage. So, make sure you use your Ender Pearls wisely and follow our detailed guide toavoid fall damage in Minecraft. Also, you can use thebest enchantments in Minecraftto shave off some of the damage inflicted in the process.