Have you ever had a carrier pop-up message upset you while using your Android smartphone? These alerts, which often tell you of your data consumption for a specific day or your current prepaid amount, are invasive and obnoxious. Thankfully, switching them off is easier than you may think, so if that’s what you’re searching for, you’ve come to the perfect spot. On Android, follow these steps to disable flash messages.
Disable Flash Messages in Android (2022)
The process for disabling flash messaging on Android varies slightly between carriers, in contrast to disabling flash messages in the iPhone, where the processes are essentially the same across carriers. We will go over how to stop receiving flash messages in this article for Airtel, Jio, Vodafone Idea (Vi), and other providers. To jump to the steps for your operator, use the table of contents below.
Turn off Airtel Flash Messages
- In your Android phone, search for the Airtel Services app, and open it. Here, tap on airtel Now! .
- Tap on Start/Stop and then tap on Stop .
That’s all; Airtel won’t send you any more flash messages on your Android phone.
Turn off Vodafone Idea (Vi) Flash Messages
Method 1: Using Vodafone SIM Toolkit
- Open the Vodafone Services app on your smartphone and tap on Flash! .
- Now, tap on Activation , and then tap on Deactivate .
Method 2: Send an SMS
When using postpaid Vi numbers:
Send the message CAN FLASH to 199 if you’re a postpaid user.
When using prepaid Vi numbers:
Send the message CAN FLASH to 144 if you use prepaid service.
Turn off BSNL Flash Messages
- Open the SIM Toolkit app for BSNL. This is likely going to be named BSNL Mobile on your phone.
- Tap on BSNL Buzz Service and then tap on Activation .
- Here, tap on Deactivate to stop flash messages on your phone.
Turn off Jio Flash Messages on Android
When compared to other networks, Jio users may find the process to disable flash messaging to be a little more challenging. You can try the following.
- Uninstall the My Jio app from your Android phone and that should, hopefully, stop the messages from coming in on your smartphone.
If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to call Jio’s customer service line to get flash notifications removed from your smartphone.
Easily Disable Flash Messages on Android Phones
As you can see, depending on the network operator you’re using, there are minor variations in the methods you can disable flash messaging on Android phones. What carrier do you use, and do you have flash messages turned off on your phone? Tell us in the comments section below.