Microsoft appears to have landed in a soup after Zoom seized the lead in video conferencing solutions for both the general public and businesses. The Microsoft Teams app will soon include numerous Zoom features, according to the Redmond behemoth. After introducing a free tier for Teams, the business has now revealed a background function, akin to Zoom’s virtual background. The functionality passed our tests with flying colours. As a result, we provide you with a thorough tutorial in this article on how to modify your backdrop in Microsoft Teams. Along with that, we also covered how to upload unique photos for background use in Microsoft Teams, even though the capability hasn’t yet been released. So let’s read the article without wasting any time.
Change Your Background in Microsoft Teams
You can now modify the background in Microsoft Teams, just like Zoom. However, it currently only works with Windows and macOS and only supports pictures. Keep in mind that, in addition to mobile apps, Microsoft Teams’ web version does not support the capability. Let’s get to the steps right now, then, without further ado.
Note:To access the background feature, update the Microsoft Teams app to the most recent version. Download the most recent build by clicking here.
You only need to move to the Calls or Chat menu and choose your contacts. After that, make a call by pressing the video call button.
2. After the call has been established, select Show background effects from the three-dot menu by tapping on it.
3. On the right pane, you will now see a selection of photographs that Microsoft has chosen. To see a preview of the new backdrop, click on the image and then again on Preview (there are some bugs with this). To make the final adjustments, click Apply and activate the video after that. You may modify your backdrop in Microsoft Teams in the same way.
4. If you only want to blur the background, click Blur background in the top right corner, and you’re done.
Upload Custom Backgrounds in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft mentioned that as of right now, you can only alter the background from the preset photos in the Teams app during the announcement of the background functionality. Own-image uploading will be made possible in the future. But what if I told you that you already have access to the feature? There is, however, always a solution. Observe along.
Note:As of right now, only Windows machines with the Microsoft Teams desktop application can use this technique.
1. Paste the path below into the address bar of any file explorer window, such as My Computer.
2. Press Enter to go directly to the Microsoft Teams Upload directory after that. Move the photographs that you wish to use as the Microsoft Teams background now to the Upload folder.
3. Open the Microsoft Teams app and make a video call in a manner similar to that described in section one. In the right pane, scroll to the bottom and click Show background effects. The picture you just transferred into the Upload folder can be found here. Apply the image now, and Microsoft Teams’ custom backdrop will function as planned.
Add Your Own Images to Microsoft Teams Background and Have Fun
So that’s how you can use a simple hack to alter the wallpaper in Microsoft Teams and also add your own custom photos. In my tests, Microsoft Teams’ backdrop functionality functioned reasonably well, although it was undoubtedly inferior to Zoom in terms of smoothness and visibility. Microsoft will probably make some substantial updates soon and introduce this useful capability to Android and iOS as well. That’s all we have to say, though. Please leave a comment below if you need assistance uploading backdrop photos to Microsoft Teams. Without a doubt, we’ll support you. Additionally, Skype Meet Now is a free alternative to Zoom that doesn’t require registration or app installs.