Exploring enchantments in Minecraft is always fun. The possibilities are virtually endless, ranging from having superpowers in the sandbox game to durable equipment. The majority of these enchantments, but not all of them, can be applied using an enchantment tablet. You need enchanted books in Minecraft to fully utilise all of the in-game enchantments. For this reason, the majority of this guide will be devoted to using enchanted books in Minecraft. Additionally, we are providing some hints that you might utilise to locate them. But first, we must make an anvil; more on that later, before we can use these books. Let’s get started by learning how to use enchanted books in Minecraft right now.
Learn to Use Enchanted Books in Minecraft (2022)
Both the Java and Bedrock versions of Minecraft will use the same methodology. The technique described below has been examined with the most recent Minecraft 1.18 version. Therefore, you can anticipate it to function flawlessly on any new game version. We will first attempt to understand briefly what enchanted books are, but you can go right to their application by using the table below.
What are Enchanted Books in Minecraft?
One of the most uncommon and varied categories of books in the game is the enchanted book. These aren’t used to record a text in the game, unlike conventional books. Instead, each charmed book contains a unique enchantment that may be applied to other objects. Not to mention, certain unique enchantments, such as curses, can only be used with these books.
The enchanted books are capable of having any amount of magic. They differ from the Enchanting table, which assigns levels in a progressive order, due to this unique attribute. The enchanted books also make it much simpler to combine multiple enchantments, adding to their uniqueness. Several rare magical books even have numerous enchantments that can be used simultaneously on various objects.
Where to Find Enchanted Books in Minecraft
It’s nearly impossible to find a specific enchantment, but it’s lot simpler to locate a charmed book. Providing you know where to look for it, that is. We have broken down the various ways to get these books into distinct parts to make things as simple as possible. So, before learning how to use enchanted books in Minecraft, you can easily locate them.
The following places have chests with a variety of enchanted books inside:
- Jungle temples
- Desert Temples
- Pillager Outposts
- Underwater Ruins
- Woodland Mansions
- Bastion Remnant
Even among these, the level 30 enchanted books can only be discovered in strongholds or temples in the jungle in Minecraft. Additionally, only the bastion fragments include the books with the soul speed enchantment.
Fishing and Mob Drop
It’s possible to find enchanted books via fishing and killing monsters, however it’s quite unlikely that these techniques will be successful for you. Enchanted books with a level cap of 30 are a rare item that, with any luck, you might be able to find. Similar to this, killing vindicators and pillagers in raids in Minecraft Bedrock Edition has a slight chance of dropping an enchanted book with a level 30 enchantment.
Trading and Bartering
Use one of our top Minecraft village seeds if you need to locate enchanted books in a hurry. If you use them, you might end up in a village with an alibrarian who you can trade for magical books. The intensity and scarcity of the enchantment will determine the price of the books.
It’s time to build a Nether portal and travel to the Nether dimension, which is where piglins live, if you don’t like the deals offered here. Then you can bargain with them to obtain books that have been charmed with soul speed.
How to Create an Anvil to Use Enchanted Books
As was already said, in order to use enchanted books in Minecraft, we need an anvil. The anvil can combine enchantments, repair objects, and rename items in addition to enchanting books. And all you need to construct an anvil in Minecraft is an iron piece and a crafting table. Actually, a lot of iron is required. Let’s practise making an anvil.
1. Three iron blocks and four iron ingots are needed to create an anvil. We need at least 31 iron ingots to create our anvil because each iron block is made up of 9 iron ingots. Fortunately, iron ore is not difficult to locate, and you can make it much simpler by using our Minecraft 1.18 ore distribution method. Once you have the iron ore, you can create iron ingots by heating it in a furnace.
2. Once you have gathered enough iron ingots, you can start constructing iron blocks. To do this, totally fill every cell in the crafting area with iron ingots. You’ll receive an iron block in Minecraft if you do this. You must utilise 27 iron ingots for this stage since we need 3 blocks of iron to make an anvil.
3. Lastly, put the three iron blocks in the top row of the crafting area to complete the construction of an anvil in Minecraft. Next, you must add 3 iron ingots to the bottom row. Place an iron ingot in the middle cell of the middle row to complete the recipe. And you now know how to create an anvil thanks to this recipe.
How to Use Enchanted Books in Minecraft
Now set your freshly made anvil atop a surface. Anvil in Minecraft follows gravity, unlike most game blocks. Therefore, you are unable to maintain it in midair. Additionally, before using it, be sure to gather enough experience orbs to cover the cost of each enchantment. Your experience metre, which is found at the bottom of the screen directly beneath your health and hunger bars, will fill up as a result.
When you have accumulated experience points and enchanted books, you can use them in Minecraft as follows:
1. Verify that the equipment and the enchantment you’re intending to utilise are compatible. The official Minecrafthelp page, which is linked here, contains a comprehensive list of all enchantments. We are attempting to enchant a trident with loyalty as part of our instruction.
Notably, you can occasionally put incompatible enchantments on certain items in Minecraft; however, doing so has no effect on the targeted item.
2. Once you are certain that the two are compatible, open the anvil and set the magical book in the appropriate cell.
How to Get Experience Points to Use Enchanted Books
Place the object you wish to enchant after that in the left cell. The placing in reverse doesn’t work. The price of the enchantment, for which you require enough experience points, is now shown on the anvil. With the column at the top, you may also edit the item’s name.
- Ender Dragon provides the highest amount of 12,000 experience on dying. Similarly, killing a Wither provides 50 experience points.
- Among the non-boss mobs, ravagers and piglin brute provide 20 experience points when killed.
- Within the common hostile mobs, baby zombie, chicken jocket, and baby zombified piglins provide 12 experience points on death.
- In terms of mining, diamond and emerald ores can provide up to 7 experience points, which is the highest among all ores. Meanwhile, mining a mob spawner can provide up to 43 experience points.
- Finally, trading with villagers, breeding animals, and fishing can get you a maximum of 7 experience points.
A Complete List of Minecraft Enchanted Books
Enchanted books in Minecraft can be used with an anvil by using experience points, orbs, or XP as fuel. Fortunately, you may obtain them by performing fairly elementary in-game tasks. That covers hunting, mining, battling gangs, and other pursuits. But to expedite the process, we’ve compiled a list of some of the greatest resources for learning Minecraft:
|Minecraft Enchanted Books List|
|1. Aqua Affinity (1 Level)|
|2. Bane of Arthropods (5 Levels)|
|3. Blast Protection (4 Levels)|
|4. Channeling (1 Level)|
|5. Curse of Binding (1 Level)|
|6. Curse of Vanishing (1 Level)|
|7. Depth Strider (3 Levels)|
|8. Efficiency (5 Levels)|
|9. Feather Falling (4 Levels)|
|10. Fire Aspect (2 Levels)|
|11. Fire Protection (4 Levels)|
|12. Flame (1 Level)|
|13. Fortune (3 Levels)|
|14. Frost Walker (2 Levels)|
|15. Impaling (5 Levels)|
|16. Infinity (1 Level)|
|17. Knockback (2 Levels)|
|18. Looting (3 Levels)|
|19. Loyalty (3 Levels)|
|20. Luck of the Sea (3 Levels)|
|21. Lure (3 Levels)|
|22. Mending (1 Level)|
|23. Quick Charge (3 Levels)|
|24. Piercing (4 Levels)|
|25. Multishot (1 Level)|
|26. Power (5 Levels)|
|27. Projectile Protection (4 Levels)|
|28. Protection (4 Levels)|
|29. Punch (2 Levels)|
|30. Respiration (3 Levels)|
|31. Riptide (3 Levels)|
|32. Sharpness (5 Levels)|
|33. Silk Touch (1 Level)|
|34. Smite (5 Levels)|
|35. Soul Speed (3 Levels)|
|36. Sweeping Edge (3 Levels)|
|37. Thorns (3 Levels)|
|38. Unbreaking (3 Levels)|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Check out the full list of enchanted books available in the game (together with their levels) now that you know how to utilise an enchanted book in Minecraft:
Why am I unable to use magical books in Minecraft?
Only particular things can be used to apply any Minecraft enchantments. So, if the anvil is preventing you, it’s possible that you’re combining the incorrect item with the incorrect enchantment. The absence of experience points may also be a factor. If you don’t have enough in-game experience, you can’t use some enchantments. To discover how to gather experience orbs, read the portion of our guide devoted to that topic.
Why does Anvil in Minecraft claim that my enchantment is too expensive?
An anvil may occasionally reject your enchantment by saying that it is too pricey. You have merely hit the limit of enchantment, in such case. Anything that costs more than 40 experience levels is regarded as being too expensive to enchant. Your use of the anvil may be another factor in this.
In survival mode, an item’s enchantments become unaffordable after six uses on an anvil. There is, regrettably, no workaround for this. You need to use something else.
How do you charm books, exactly?
Easily Use Enchanted Books in Minecraft
In Minecraft, you can enchant a book by simply setting it down on an enchanted table. The number of bookcases surrounding the magical table will determine the range of enchantments available to you for your book.