There is no doubting that Snapchat offers the greatest camera lenses and face filters of any app, even though its popularity may be declining. Snapchat filters are entertaining to use because each one responds differently to the user’s facial expression in addition to looking good. Snapchat camera lenses were previously only accessible through the Snapchat app for Android and iPhones, but they are now also compatible with Mac and Windows computers. This tutorial will demonstrate how to utilise Snapchat’s new camera lens app on Mac and Windows computers:
Using Snapchat Camera Lenses on Mac and Windows
We will use Snapchat’s new Snap Camera app, which the business surreptitiously launched a few days ago, to use Snapchat’s camera lenses on our desktop (both Mac and Windows). The main feature of this Snap Camera app is its direct integration with a variety of services, which enables you to utilise these lenses everywhere. For instance, at the moment, you can utilise Snapchat’s camera lenses when making video calls to your friends or streaming games on Twitch.
Please note that while I am demonstrating this functionality on my 2016 MacBook Pro, you can use it on any desktop as long as it satisfies the necessary hardware requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64 bit); MacOS 10.11+
- Hardware: Minimum of Intel Core i3 2.5 GHz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 GHz with 4 GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics 4000 / Nvidia GeForce 710 / AMD Radeon HD 6450; screen resolution of 1280 768 or higher.
Let’s now look at how to use this functionality on your desktop:
Snapchat Camera Lens Step-by-Step Guide
- First, click on the following link to download and install the Snap Camera app for your device. To do this, first, click on the download button marked with yellow color in the picture below.
3. To instal the programme on your device, simply double-click the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. After installation, open the app and experiment with various lenses to decide which one you wish to use. Since PUBG is now popular, I’m utilising that lens.
Using Snap Lenses in Third-Party Apps
Although utilising the Snap Camera Lenses in the software itself is absolutely great, it has no utility at all. In order to fully utilise these lenses, you must link Snap Lenses with third-party applications like OBS, Twitch, or Skype. For instance, you can use a Snap Lens while participating in live Twitch streaming or Skype video conversations. By using Skype as an example, I will demonstrate how to configure this.
- First, launch the Snap Camera app and select the lens that you want to use. We will use the same PUBG lens here. Now, launch the Skype app and open its settings.
- In the settings panel, click on the Audio and Video section and then click on the drop-down menu at the top right.
3. In this case, choose the Snap camera from the drop-down menu rather than the FaceTime camera option.
4. As you proceed, you’ll notice that Skype is now utilising the Snap Lens you configured in the Snap Camera app.
SEE ALSO: IGTV Channel Creation Instructions
Use Snap Lenses While Video Calling or Streaming Games
As you can see, after you configure the Snap Lenses, using them can be a lot of fun. They are especially helpful for streaming video games, as you may employ game-specific lenses to improve the viewing experience for your audience. I quite like this software overall and advise you to give it a try. Please use this instruction, and let us know if you run into any issues by posting a comment below.