The well-known Windows live wallpaper programme Wallpaper Engine is now finally accessible on Android after months of waiting. The PC app is required to transfer your collection of wallpapers to your phone even if the app is free. The procedures for installing and using Wallpaper Engine for Android are covered in full in this article.
Set up and Use Wallpaper Engine on Android (2021)
What is Wallpaper Engine?
For Windows 10 and Windows 11, Wallpaper Engine is a well-liked live wallpaper application. One of the top live wallpaper programmes for Windows, it has over 400,000 evaluations and a vibrant community.
Therefore, when Wallpaper Engine’s creators revealed they would be releasing an Android version of the live wallpaper app, we were undoubtedly eager to try it out. The time has come, and all Android users can now access Wallpaper Engine. Learn how to install and operate the Wallpaper Engine app on Android by reading on. Syncing this live wallpaper programme with your Windows PC is a necessary step before utilising it on your Android smartphone.
Download and Set up Wallpaper Engine for Android
Wallpaper Engine is a standalone software that can be downloaded and used through the Google Play Store or the business’ website.
Deep Space, Dino Run, DNA Fragment, Earth Parallax, Fantastic Car, Neon Sunset, Razer Vortex, Shimmering Particles, and Techno are the nine live wallpapers that come with the programme by default.
The PC client is the only platform that offers the option to set personalised live wallpapers from websites like Steam Workshop. If you already use Wallpaper Engine on Windows, see the section after that to find out how to transfer and sync your wallpaper collection between Windows and Android.
Get Wallpaper Engine on Your Windows PC
For Android, download Wallpaper Engine (Free,Official website)
In contrast to its Android counterpart, Windows users must pay to use Wallpaper Engine. In India, the cost of the software is Rs. 229, whereas in the US, it is $3.99. If you’ve never heard of Wallpaper Engine before and are eager to give it a try, click the link below to get it from Steam:
1. Go to the Wallpaper Engine listing after downloading and installing the Steam client on your Windows computer from the official website (visit link). To add the application to your Steam shopping cart, click the Add to Cart button.
2. To buy Wallpaper Engine for your Windows 10 or 11 PC, click the Purchase for myself button in the shopping cart and proceed to the checkout page using your banking information.
3. You will see the installation prompt after buying the software. The installation can then be finished by adhering to the on-screen directions.
Pair Wallpaper Engine Android App with Windows
4. Now that Wallpaper Engine has been launched on your Windows computer. Once the app has been launched, locate the Workshop page and select the Subscribe option to start downloading the vast selection of exciting new live wallpapers.
Once you’ve downloaded a number of wallpapers using the Windows software, you may opt to sync them with the Android app that works with Wallpaper Engine. Here’s how to go about it:
1. Launch Wallpaper Engine on your Windows computer and select Mobile from the top-right menu.
2. To connect your PC client to the associated Android app, select Connect new Device from the pop-up that displays.
3. Next, launch the Wallpaper Engine software on your Android phone, select Pair with Computer under the Add section in the bottom navigation bar.
Sync Live Wallpapers from Windows to Android App
4. Your laptop or PC will now be listed on the app. To link the two apps, tap on it and enter the PIN you see on Wallpaper Engine’s desktop app.
5. Once the devices are connected, you may start sending live wallpapers to your Android phone. Choose Send to device name> from the right sidebar after choosing a wallpaper from the desktop client.
6. Select the wallpaper’s quality from the following screen and press OK. Your best option if you’re using a low-cost or mid-range device is the pre-rendered High Performance version.
Try Wallpaper Engine to Set Live Wallpapers on Android
7. After that, the wallpaper you chose will sync with the Wallpaper Engine software on your Android phone. Now you can make it the live wallpaper on your phone.