You may occasionally want to watch TV but be unable to locate the remote. The Fire TV remote is a particular culprit because it is so little and quickly disappears from view. So don’t worry if you’ve misplaced your Fire TV Stick remote and are searching for a temporary solution to control your TV. We have several options for controlling Fire TV Stick here without a remote. On that note, let’s investigate all the Fire TV management options without WiFi or a remote control.
Lost Your Fire TV Remote? Here are the Solutions
We have mentioned solutions for all sorts of scenarios. We also offer a solution if you don’t have WiFi at home and have lost your Fire TV remote. You can find all the solutions from the menu below.
Control Fire TV Stick with Your Phone
1. There is nothing to be concerned about if you misplace your Fire TV remote. On your Fire TV, you may simply explore and play content by using just your smartphone. Install the free Amazon Fire TV app for Android or iOS, then sign into your Amazon account.
2. After signing in, your smartphone will automatically detect the TV. Tap on it. Keep in mind, for this method to work, both your Fire TV and smartphone should beconnected to a common WiFi network.
3. Now, you will be asked to enter the 4-digit code displayed on yourFire TV screen. Enter it and proceed ahead.
4. Finally, you will find a UI very similar to your Fire TV s remote. You canopen Settings, move around using the navigation keys, summon Alexa, control volume and do almost everything that you could do on the remote. That was pretty easy, right?
Use the Amazon Fire TV App without WiFi
If you don t have WiFi at home and still want to use the Fire TV app for remote navigation then you can do so by manually creating aWiFi hotspot. For this setup, you willneed two smartphonesone for creating a WiFi hotspot and another for using the Fire TV app.
1. First off, open Settings on the smartphone where you want to create a WiFi hotspot. Now, move to WiFi and Network -> Hotspot and Tethering -> WiFi Hotspot. Here, rename the hotspot to theexact same WiFi networkthat your Fire TV was previously connected to.
2. Similarly,change the passwordto the same one as the previous network. We are making the setup identical so that Fire TV can automatically connect to the WiFi hotspot without user intervention.
3. Now that you have configured the WiFi hotspot, turn it on andrestart your TV. The TV should automatically connect to the newly created hotspot.
4. Coming to another smartphone, connect it to the same WiFi hotspot and install theAmazon Fire TV app(Android/iOSFree), and log in to your Amazon account. Now, it will scan and detect your Fire TV on the app.
5. Now, tap on it, enter the code displayed on your TV, and there you have it. You cannavigate and perform anythingjust like your lost Fire TV remote.
Use Alexa to Remotely Navigate Fire TV Stick
1. If you have got an Alexa-powered speaker at your home then you can use it to play content on your Fire TV. Just sayAlexa, play X on my Fire TVand it will dutifully perform your instructions. You can find all sorts ofAlexa commandsfrom our linked article.
2. Keep in mind, for this to work, both your Fire TV and Alexa speaker should be on thesame WiFi network.
Control Fire TV Stick with Your TV Remote
Not many know this but you can actually use yourTV remote to control Fire TV Stick. Yes, you heard it right. TVs nowadays come with something calledHDMI-CEC featurethat allows multiple HDMI-connected devices to communicate with each other. If you press a button on your TV remote then it passes the instructions to the Fire TV using the HDMI-CEC protocol.
So in summation, you can actually navigate and use many of your Fire TV menus using the TV remote. It does not support all the shortcuts and button combinations (for example, casting) but youcan do all the basic thingsin case you lost your Fire TV remote.
Use Keyboard and Mouse to Control Fire TV Stick
If none of the above methods worked for you due to lack of WiFi, additional smartphone, or TV remote then connect your computer s keyboard and mouse to the Fire TV. Youcan connect both wired and wireless keyboard and mouseto your TV and it works flawlessly. You might have to buy a micro USB splitter from Amazon ($6) as Fire TV Sticks just comes with a single micro USB port.
Use an Old Fire TV Stick Remote
If you have used a Fire TV Stick in the past, you might have an old Fire TV stick remote lying around. Fortunately, you can pair any Fire TV Stick remote with your stick, even if it s from an older generation.
Depending on the generation of the remote, the method to pair it with your Fire TV stick might differ. You can check out detailed instructions to pair Fire TV Stick remote with your Fire TV stick on the official Amazon support page (visit).
Buy a New Remote
If you lost your Fire TV remote and nothing seemed to work for you then you have no option other than to buy a new Fire TV remote. You can buy the 1st-gen Alexa Voice Remote from Amazon ($27.99). It scompatible with all Fire TV devicesstarting from 1st-gen to 3rd-gen models. So just go ahead and grab this TV remote. In case, you are looking for acheaper Fire Stick replacement remotethen go through our linked article and you will find plenty of options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Do I Do If I Lost My Fire Stick Remote?
You can install the Amazon Fire TV app on your smartphone and can navigate Fire Stick without needing a remote. You can follow our instructions above to learn how to set up the app and Fire Stick.
Q. Can I Use My Fire Stick Without a Remote?
Yes, there are multiple ways to use Fire Stick without a remote. You can go through our above guide to learn about all the methods.
Q. Do You Need WiFi for Amazon Fire TV to Work?
Yes, you need WiFi for Amazon Fire TV to work. If you don t have a home WiFi network then you can create a hotspot on another smartphone and create a common network. Follow our second method to learn about the process in detail.
Q. Can I Replace My Fire TV Remote?
Yes, there are several Fire TV remote replacements. Just go through our last section and you will find Amazon s and third-party remotes as well.
Q. How Do I Pair a New Fire Stick Remote Without the Old One?
First, you need to set up Amazon Fire TV app so that you can get some navigation access to your Fire Stick. After that, move to Settings Remotes and Bluetooth Devices Amazon Fire TV Remotes Add New Remote. Now, press and hold the Home key on the new remote for 10 seconds and it will be paired to the Fire Stick.
Learn How to Control Fire Stick Without Remote
So these are some of the ways you can control and manage a Fire TV Stick without a remote. For most users, the Amazon Fire TV app would be more than sufficient, but you need a common WiFi network for seamless navigation. Anyway, that is all from us. If you are facing any issue then comment down below and let us know. We will surely try to help you out. Also, don t forget to check out article onFire TV vs Android TV, to see if you should stick with your device or if it s time to move on.