Popular India-based digital payments company Mobikwik has recently experienced a significant data loss following the recent Acer ransomware assault. According to recent estimates, approximately 3.5 million Mobikwik members’ private data has been exposed on the dark web. Security researchers are referring to it as the greatest KYC data dump in history.
Mobikwik Data Breach Largest KYC Data Leak in History
In February, a security researcher by the name of Rajshekhar Rajaharia found the data leak. Mobikwik, on the other hand, was quick to refute Rajshekhar’s claim at the time.
According to reports, a company’s server in India included information on 11 billion Indian cardholders, including personal information and KYC soft copies (PAN, Aadhar, etc.). 6 TB of KYC data and a 350GB compressed MySQL dump were mentioned before by Rajaharia.
However, the Mobikwik data leak screenshots have recently been circulated online. Additionally, a number of customers apparently stated that they had discovered their private information on a dark web connection that had recently been discovered online. Across India Today
According to reports, the leaker built a dark web portal with 8.2TB worth of user data. By using their phone numbers or email addresses, one can use this gateway to learn more about specific Mobikwik members. Aadhar Card data, IP addresses, passwords, GPS coordinates, and many more sensitive details are also included in the leaked data.
How to Delete Your Mobikwik Account
Now, if you use Mobikwik to make digital payments, you should immediately reset your password. In addition, you might want to cancel your account so that no one can access your login and payment information. The two procedures listed below can be used to delete your Mobikwik account.
- Open the Mobikwik app (Android, iOS) or website on your device. Go to the Help section. I have demonstrated the steps to delete your Mobikwik account from the website.
- on the Help page, click on the My Account & KYC option.
- From the overlay menu that opens, click on Account Deactivation from the given options.
- Write a short and simple message, requesting the support team to deactivate your Mobikwik account.
- Now, you need to wait for the support team to get back to you with the confirmation.
- Following the confirmation, your account will be deleted permanently. The company will transfer your remaining balance (if you have any) to your source account in a few days after deactivation.
- Open your email through which you registered on Mobikwik.
- Compose a message stating that you want to delete your Mobikwik account.
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait for them to get back to you with the confirmation.
Your account on Mobikwik will be cancelled after the confirmation. To protect yourself from any future data leaks, you can also request that the support staff delete all of your data from the site.
Safeguard Yourself Against Mobikwik Data Breach
So yeah, we advise that you change your password first if you are concerned about your personal information getting into the wrong hands. Then, for further protection, follow the instructions above to delete your Mobikwik account.